Advertiser Disclosure: CBoardingGroup has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. CBoardingGroup and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn commissions from other affiliate programs as applicable. See our privacy & disclosure page for more info
Regular travel, heck, any kind of travel, can bring out the worst in humanity sometimes. Flights get delayed, bags get lost. We don’t get the upgrade. We do get the upgrade. We are stuck in a middle seat, the lady next to us won’t zip it, etc…you get it! It’s a nutty crazy experience sometimes! And sometimes all we can do is shake our head and laugh (or lose our minds…).
This is precisely why the meme was created (which, by the way, after the wheel, the Internet and sliced bread, is, in our opinion, the top invention of mankind). And, we’ve been creating travel related memes since our beginning and it’s been wildly successful for us (on any given day we are in the Top 3 for Google Searches).
So, while we have several hundred travel related memes up on this site, our readers have spoken and here are the Top 10 Travel Memes of All Time!
You can read all of our travel related memes here.
The Top 10 Travel Related Memes of All Time
Here are the top travel memes of all time, as chosen by our readers! Plus some honorable mentions as well.
10. Cost of Food Items at the Airport
I am surprised this one didn’t land a little higher, because it’s so popular, but seriously though. What is the deal with airport food prices? Someone should look into that!
9. When someone brings a carryon that’s too big for the overhead bin
People who do this should be forcibly removed from the plane and given a Greyhound bust ticket. I am sorry ma’am, you can’t travel today. Or ever.
8. Traveling with your family can be rough
Ever tried to get through a TSA checkpoint with 4 kids under the age of 13? #Insanity
7. Yeah…love getting that first class upgrade when my boss doesn’t
Basically this just means I travel too much. But it’s a nice win (although short lived because we both know his driver’s picking him up when we land while I schlepp out to the bargain parking lot and drive my Chevy home).
6. Good for you little buddy – glad you hit Gold.
Gold you say? How cute. If you could not talk to me, that’d be great.
For the bloggers among us you might enjoy these blogging memes.
5. For the love of all humanity. Stow your bags and SIT DOWN.
I don’t get it. How frickin hard is it to stow your bags and take your seat. We’d love to stand here for 7 minutes while you realize you have to take some stuff out of your bag so it fits in the overhead bin. It’s cool man. No worries. #bloodpressurerising
4. It’s cool, I forgot to go to the bathroom before boarding now it’s another 45 minutes before take off. #Awesome
JFK airport anyone? I just love taxiing so long that we have to refuel for gas before we take off.
3. Dear Lord. Please help me not be like this person who I am sure checks her carry-on.
Opportune AOC jokes aside (and there’s no shortage of these…lol), what is the deal with folks who check their carry-on sized bag? Huh!? Methinks you don’t understand something here…
2. Good luck with that Flight Home there, traveler. Good luck…
It’s Friday. You are about to head home after a long week on the road. That first class seat and a nice gin and tonic are calling your name. Maybe catch the latest episode of Game of Thrones on your iPad. Oh, I am sorry…what was that? A travel delay? BAM!
1. It. Hurts. So. Much.
This travel meme has, BY FAR, been our most popular travel meme. Because we’ve ALL been there. Brutally stuck in the middle seat for a long flight. It hurts!
There were a few funny memes that didn’t crack the Top 10, but they are still hilarious (and popular). Here they are:
Final Thoughts on the Top 10 Travel Memes of All Time
There you have it. Plenty of laughs to go around. I hope you enjoyed them! If you liked this content, please share it on social media and click the “like” button below and don’t forget to follow us on social media including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
And for the bloggers among us you might enjoy these blogging memes.
By the way, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- 7 Habits of the Healthy Business Traveler: How to Stay Healthy While Traveling for Business
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- 9 Travel Safety Tips to help you stay safe on your next trip
- The Best Travel Gifts for Her – A Gift Guide for Women Who Love to Travel