From Travel Pulse: “Hackers are targeting airlines. We saw it with Cathay Pacific Airlines’ data hack of 9.4 million passengers in 2018, and some are even saying that might have been the case with Southwest Airlines’ outage last week. But now there is research to back it up.
Netscout, a provider of application and network performance management products, found that cyber attacks against airlines have increased by 15,000 percent between 2017 and 2018. That’s not a typo. That’s 15,000 percent.”
Read the full article here via TravelPulse.com Research Shows Hackers Are Attacking Airlines More Than Ever | TravelPulse
For more travel related news, check out our travel news section.
And if you are looking for tips on how to protect yourself from cyber attacks while traveling check out: 7 Cyber Security Travel Tips: Don’t get hacked on your business trip
By the way, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might be like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- 7 Habits of the Healthy Business Traveler: How to Stay Healthy While Traveling for Business
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- 9 Travel Safety Tips to help you stay safe on your next trip