“Respect is a hot topic in travel again. First Uber and then Frontier Airlines started soliciting tips from passengers. A tip is a gesture of respect – an acknowledgment that the customer is happy with the service.
But for travel experts, soliciting a tip is a mile marker in the race to the bottom. Airlines and other travel companies have cut services to such an extent that customers no longer feel respected. They say it’s insulting for companies to ask for a gratuity when they’ve reduced service to the point where it’s almost unrecognizable from a few years ago.”
Read the full article via USA Today’s Article: High fees, short tempers: What happened to respect in travel?
For more travel related news, check out our travel news section.
By the way, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might be like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- 7 Habits of the Healthy Business Traveler: How to Stay Healthy While Traveling for Business
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- 9 Travel Safety Tips to help you stay safe on your next trip