We. Do. Business Travel. Welcome to the CBoardingGroup, a business travel blog! Here you will find business travel hacks, business travel tips, practical travel advice, travel deals, product and hotel reviews and lots of hilarious business travel memes. We even cover travel news from time to time.
The CBoardingGroup is for the frequent business traveler. The Road Warrior. The Fly out Monday and Fly Home Friday, travelers. You know who you are. This is your virtual home. A place to learn. To commiserate. To laugh. If you travel work then this is the frequent business traveler blog you want read.
PS…even if you aren’t a business traveler, the tips shared here will help you greatly improve your travel game. Occasionally, we share family travel tips (you gotta use those points somewhere) and we love to write about various destinations.
As of 1Q 2019, we joined the BoardingArea.com network of travel bloggers. Here you will find 40 or so amazing travel bloggers with the power and backing of a great brand: Boarding Area. We retain editorial freedom and ownership of our blog, but split the ad revenue with them (along with a few other benefits). Pretty cool!
Who am I?
I travel a lot for work (some years more than others) and I’ve done so since 2005-ish (I think). With as much time as I spend in hotels or stuck on planes I figured I should share some of my business travel tips hacks. Hence, the creation of this blog.
I also run a separate, but related travel blog: BestTravelDrone.com. Check it out for detailed comparison & analysis of the best drones for traveling.
I tend to write a with a sarcastic edge – but that’s probably just due to some deep seated bitterness about being behind a family in TSA Security checkpoint one too many times.
Disclaimer: All content is my own and doesn’t represent the opinions of my employer
My goal is to help you level up your business travel game and maybe just laugh a little.
Click articles for a full list of topics and learn how to avoid the CBoardingGroup!
More About Me
- A Traveling Business professional (travel jobs I’ve held: sales, consulting, sales engineer, general manager, product manager) in the cyber security, public safety and telecommunications universe
- A father of 4 kids (2 young and 2 in college)
- A husband (married since 1996)
- A Generation X kid. Just barely – 1977! No millennial here. We know how to work, baby and we like our grunge music.
- A pretty good soccer goalkeeper and terrible golfer (but totally hooked by the golf bug). And occasional runner. The only way to make sure you day can’t get any worse is to start it w/ a run.
- A guy who likes to fish! (I’ve recently tried fly fishing. Totally been missing out!)
- A Marine (1996 – 2000). Semper Fi! #KMFK. General Kelly promoted me to Sergeant in 1999 – so there!
- A writer who has been professionally writing as a side gig since the early 2000’s. Magazines, articles, blogs. Mostly technical stuff, but a little poetry from time to time and now some travel tips. I do all of my blogging on my personal time – in the hotel after work, or on the weekends, or early in the AM over a cup of coffee when I am home.
- A professor. I have been an adjunct faculty member since 2002. Love teaching. My retirement gig will be teaching full time. I plan to get a pipe and plaid jacket w/ patches on the sleeves.
- A dude w/ 3 degrees (BS in IT, MS in IT and an MBA). Basically, that means I have a giant college loan.
- A son whose mom writes children’s books!
- The oldest sibling of 3 (one brother and one sis).
My travel preferences
- I tend to fly Southwest (#1), Delta (#2). I did fly Virgin Air once. That was pretty cool. And I wish I could fly Alaska more. I dig that Airline. Just no consistent flight options for me.
- I usually stay in Hilton hotels (for no real reason other than I started w/ them and just stayed. Also, they’ve been really good to me!)
- I prefer to rent National rental cars (although for some reason I am being punished by the universe with Avis at my current firm #CurseYouAvis).
- I’ve been elite status on two airlines in one year
- I mostly travel domestic (occasionally Canada – if you can call that international).
Don’t forget to check out my list of 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks.
Enjoy that middle seat!
If you are interested in working us, please head over here and learn how!
Check out some of favorite travel pro items here.
All content is my own and doesn’t represent the opinions of my employer. Copyright 2019. All Rights Reserved.