The road trip is back and bigger than ever this summer and it’s creating all kinds of new family memories. That means it’s time for some fresh road trip memes and we’ve got the goods.
With travel bans and quarantines still in effect traditional air travel is not exactly the most popular option this summer. As such, families are turning to the good old trusty road trip. Yep, the road trip is back. In fact, some predict it could be the only way to have any fun this summer.
I don’t know about you, but thinking about road trips takes me back to the numerous family road trips I had with my family as a kid. They were fun, no doubt, but also super wild at times and fraught with all kinds of interesting, boring and memorable things.
Good times with mom and dad, long stretches of boring highways (have you ever driven across Kansas!?), stinky car farts, bulk purchases of licorice and slim jims, the obligatory “I will pull this car over” statements, along with some epic fights. Good times, right?
When I was a kid, memes were not a thing yet, but now that I’ve had a few kids of my own and taken several road trip with me be the dad getting stressed out, it’s time to do what we do best here at the CBoardingGroup, and make some new memes. Family road trip memes to be specific. Enjoy.
Funny Family Road Trip Memes
Here we go, all the road trip memes you need to kick start your next adventure. Grab your headphones, charge your road trip gadgets, stock up on licorice and beef jerky and get ready.
What road trip would be complete without some epic farts that literally no one will own up to?
It’s weird how whenever we took a road trip every other idiot in the world also was out driving. Bizarre.
I may have eaten my snacks too quickly.
It was all going so well until the traffic hit. Nothing like some traffic to add a little tension to the car like stop and go traffic.
No dad, don’t play those songs. They are horrifying.
When dad comes back to the car with a handful of snacks it’s like yeah, baby.
Oh, this road looks fun, let’s see where it goes. Sound familiar?
You are busted dad. Shouldn’t scoped out that chick at the Starbucks.
Hey kids, check out the once-in-a-lifetime amazing view on the side of the road?
Nah, dad, its boring, and I am in the middle of Wild Kratts right now.
Literally as soon as we pull out from the gas station: I gotta go potty.
I am saying I got them to fight, but I got them to fight. My work is done.
Then the fun begins. Grab the popcorn.
Dads don’t fare too well trips do they? Think about it.
Honey, the speed limit is 65 through here.
When you’ve downloaded an entire season of shows for the road trip but forget your charger. Dangit!
We are driving though. We. Are. Driving. Through.
I am scared dad. I don’t want to drive through Kansas.
“This doesn’t feel like the way, honey,” says Mom. Famous last words.
Not much to see there. Haha…seriously, not much to see.
Can you tell I drove across Kansas on a road trip as a kid? It kinda sucked.
That was close. He literally pulled the car over, but I didn’t die. So that’s a win.
I may have gone too far. This isn’t going to be fun.
Cool story dad. Super. Cool. Tell us another one.
Is it not healthy to eat 17 slim jims? Asking for a friend.
Why is everyone losing their minds? You literally bought me 17 slim jims. What did you think was going to happen?
Yeah, I’m out dad. Don’t care about the time you drove through Nebraska with your dad.
He’s two years old. It will be fun. Let’s go on a road trip. Famous last words.
Literally say anything on day 4 and dad’s libel to lose his mind.
What’s worse than bed head? Road Trip hair.
OMG, had to pee so bad. Like for the last 2 hours, dad.
The car smells like farts. It’s already burning oil. Parents in 2 fights already. This is fine.
Go on dad. This story is great. No, I am serious. Tell me more….
Cell phone dies…now what!? Nooooooooo
This road trip is boring, dad. What am I gonna do for the next four hours.
I guess we won’t stop for that bathroom. Or that one. Nope, not that one either.
Seriously, though, are we there yet?
We love memes here at the CBoardingGroup. No, seriously, we really do. Here’s a list of some of our best:
- Hilarious Travel Memes
- Work from Home Memes you need to see
- Coronavirus memes
- Coronavirus memes II
- Drone Memes
- Baby Yoda Memes
- Nancy Pelosi Memes about Travel
- President Trump Travel memes
- Travel Memes for the ladies
- See all memes here
Thanks for checking out our road trip memes
Hope you enjoyed this trip down memory lane. Get out there and enjoy your family road trip this summer. But, be sure to give us some new fodder for some fresh road trip memes, ok?
PS…you might be interested in 26 Travel Gadgets.
- Hilarious Work from Home Memes that 100% accurate
- Best Work from Home Gifts
- The Workation and how to combine a vacation with work
- How to make your own Face Mask
- How to Disinfect your Cell Phone, Laptop, iPad, Spouse, etc (Travel Tip Tuesday #13)
- 11 Ways to Earn Cash from Home
- 17 Tips on Successfully Working from Home
- 7 Work from Home Accessories to Maximize Productivity
- 10 Books that have changed my life (and might change yours)
- 31 Funny Zoom Backgrounds
- Free Microsoft Teams Backgrounds
- How to keep yourself busy at home (31 things to do when you can’t travel)
- Practical advice for leading a team remotely during a crisis
- 5 Virtual Team Building Ideas to keep things light & fun while working remote
- Best Travel Thermometers
- Where to buy Face Masks for Travel
- Will Local Travel Lead the Way Back for the Travel Industry?
- 10 TV Shows from 2000-2010 worth rewatching while you are NOT traveling
- Best New Shows to Watch while NOT traveling (plus some deep cuts)
- Amazon Cinema is here to save us all: watch in-theater movies at home
- Amazon makes many kids shows free to help keep parents from losing their minds
- 7 Creative Ways to Travel When You Can’t Leave Your House
- 47 Best Travel Books of all time, the Ultimate List of Books to Read while Traveling
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn commissions from other affiliate programs as applicable.