Advertiser Disclosure: CBoardingGroup has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. CBoardingGroup and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn commissions from other affiliate programs as applicable. See our privacy & disclosure page for more info
Airbnb recently reported that solo female travelers are booking twice as many Airbnb Experiences than males. Airbnb Experiences are:
“…activities designed and led by inspiring locals. They go beyond typical tours or classes by immersing guests in each host’s unique world. It’s an opportunity for anyone to share their hobbies, skills, or expertise without needing an extra room.” – source Airbnb.com
In other words, fun stuff (see Nashville experiences, below, as a current example):
Things that are a little different than the ordinary vacation and intentionally more immersive and out of the norm is the goal with Airnbnb’s Experiences offering.
We recently covered Airbnb Experiences and their new partnership with Pinterest here.
Experiences have been quite successful on Airbnb’s platform since launching. And, apparently very successful with solo female travelers.
With the rise in solo female travel, it’s not surprising that Airbnb’s platform is benefiting. In their press release they note that female travelers tend to favor experiences that highlight unknown parts of cities and opportunities where they can let their creative genius loose.
You might be interested in 5 Travel Safety Tips for Women Business Travelers (Guest Post)
They report tremendous growth of solo female travelers in the following Experience categories:
- “History (993%)
- Entertainment (520%)
- Nightlife (464%)
- Nature (430%)
- Sports (399%)
- Wellness (393%)
- Lifestyle (359%)
- Arts (297%)
- Food & Drink (296%)
- Business (292%)”
Traveler’s can book their Airbnb Experience here.
Read the full press release here.
For more travel related news, check out our travel news section.
By the way, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- 7 Habits of the Healthy Business Traveler: How to Stay Healthy While Traveling for Business
- 101 Travel Hacks for the Business Traveler – the Best Business Travel Hacks
- 11 Packing Tips for Travel (the best packing tips for air travel)
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- 9 Travel Safety Tips to help you stay safe on your next trip
- The Best Travel Gifts for Her – A Gift Guide for Women Who Love to Travel
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition
- How to get over jet lag while you travel – 11 Jet Lag Tips for every traveler