Mexican president Andrés Manuel López Obrador was recorded today in the most humble of circumstances as he sat in a coach seat on a Delta flight on his way to a state visit with President Trump.
Mexico Today tweeted a video recorded by @Reforma that showed the Mexican president, masked up, sitting in an exit row window seat on an older Delta flight.
Here’s the video:
Andrés Manuel López Obrador, colloquially “AMLO,” is notoriously humble and has eschewed many of the normal trappings afforded heads of state. This has included attempting to sell the country’s jet after assuming office and preferring to travel coach. According to a recent quote, AMLO has asked “How can I board this plane when there’s so much poverty in Mexico?”
Allegedly, AMLO has taken a 60% pay cut as well.
- Mileage Runs
- Global Entry for Military?
- IRS Mileage Rate?
- United Airlines Baggage Fees for 2020
- REAL ID for Flying
- What are the TSA rules on Food?
- Cyber Security Travel Tips
- Can I travel with tweezers?
- Under 25 Car Rental Tips
- Useful Travel Gadgets
- Can I travel with vitamins?
- Can I travel with a razor?
- Can I travel with deodorant?
- Where can I buy a hotel mattress?
- Can I purchase a hotel pillow?
- What are the best travel pillows?
- How to use a status match
- What should I bring on my business trip?
- Checked bags vs carry on bags?
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn commissions from other affiliate programs as applicable.