“It’s a familiar scenario for passengers: your flight is delayed by 30 minutes. Then 45 minutes. You risk missing that important meeting. It’ll be touch and go. But then, you board and get airborne. The captain then comes on the PA:
‘Sorry about the late departure from LaGuardia, but looks like we’ll have you at the gate in Chicago five minutes earlier than our originally scheduled time. So, sit back, relax and enjoy your flight.’
“Wait, what? What happened? Did the pilots step on the gas?
“Yes, it turns out they can, and do.”
Read the rest via MSN: Can Pilots ‘Step on the Gas’ if They’re Behind Schedule?
For more travel related news, check out our travel news section.
By the way, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might be like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- The 7 Habits of the Healthy Business Traveler: How to Stay Healthy While Traveling for Business