“The sweeping Green New Deal resolution put forward by Sen. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) and freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Thursday has elicited concern from the Democratic head of the House’s aviation subcommittee.
The 14-page resolution calls for overhauling U.S. transportation systems to remove pollution and greenhouse gas emissions ‘as much as is technologically feasible.’ It specifically mentions placing a focus on high-speed rail.
Controversy, however, was stirred by Ocasio-Cortez, who provided more details of her Green Deal vision in an overview of the resolution. There, she called for building out high-speed rail ‘at a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary.'”
Read the rest of the article via Travel Weekly’s Freshman rep Ocasio-Cortez wants high-speed rail to overtake aviation: Travel Weekly
What do you think? Is AOC’s plan a good one?
For more travel related news, check out our travel news section.
By the way, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might be like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- The 7 Habits of the Healthy Business Traveler: How to Stay Healthy While Traveling for Business