“Southwest Airlines Co., battered by more than a week of flight delays and cancellations from a rash of aircraft maintenance issues, said its investigation has identified a small group of union mechanics that are orchestrating an effort to slow operations.
The airline called on the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association to comply with its legal obligation and “take immediate action to stop this activity,” according to Southwest’s statement late Friday. If AMFA wants to challenge its findings, the carrier said it asked the group to provide information and data so it can work with the company to resolve the “dramatic and highly unusual spike” in aircraft downtime.”
Read the full Skift Article: Southwest Calls Flight Disruptions a ‘Deliberate Effort’ by Mechanics – Skift
For more travel related news, check out our travel news section.
By the way, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might be like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- 7 Habits of the Healthy Business Traveler: How to Stay Healthy While Traveling for Business
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- 9 Travel Safety Tips to help you stay safe on your next trip