In our first post in a new weekly series, “What Caught my Eye This Week” we are talking about all kinds of interesting things Disappointing Loyalty Programs, Skip the Airport Lounge, Art Deco, Australian Flight Attendants and First Time Travelers.
Here are several articles that caught my eye over the course of this week. Maybe they will interest you as well.
In this new series, What Caught My Eye This Week, we will share several interesting travel related articles we discovered over the week that we think might also interest our readers. Hope you enjoy what we uncover!
By: View from the Wing
“…loyalty marketing is one of the key ways that businesses attempt to trascend the transactional and make us loyal. Brand positioning, charitable giving, along with recognition and reward, can temporarily make us see the business as aligning with our values and integrating with our life. And then we’re disappointed…”
By: The Gate with Brian Cohen
“Art Deco was a glamorous European design style that grew out of the waning Art Nouveau movement in the first decades of the twentieth century. Manifesting through new trends in architecture and interior design, the movement perfectly captured the spirit of the age: hope, progress and jazz!
A series of posters which celebrates six of the best Art Deco buildings in the United States; and this article — which was written for HomeAdvisor — gives more details about them.”
By: View from the Wing
“It’s difficult to get hired on as an employee in many professions in Australia because it’s so difficult to get fired, and because benefits can be so generous. Frequently workers are taken on as contractors rather than employees.
Qantas has learned this over and over, for instance when a flight attendant was awarded six months’ pay because the government determined it was ‘harsh’ to fire him after he was found with “a can and a bottle of beer in his jacket, two 50ml bottles of vodka in his trousers and a 50ml bottle of gin in his bag” as he got off a flight. Qantas accused him of stealing and lying about it, but in Australia that’s just a way to get half a year’s pay without working.”
By: Miles to Memories
“Frontier Airlines has a Kids Fly Free program where all kids 14 and under can fly free on select flights with the purchase of a Discount Den member fare. You can read more about the program here. Now they also have an opportunity to win a trip to LEGOLAND on Florida.”
By: Us, The C Boarding Group!
“As a first time traveler it’s perfectly normal to feel a little uncomfortable about your first trip. However, with the insanely brilliant (and incredibly practical) air travel tips provided here you can put those concerns aside and focus on enjoying that first trip instead of stressing.
In this article we share 12 Air Travel Tips that every first time traveler ought to know.”
By: The Points of Life
“I used to get to the lounge as early as possible (see Amex LAS Centurion Lounge: The Full Day Freeloader Review and AA Admirals Club JFK Gate 42: Here All Day) to capitalize on everything that is free. This was especially true if the airport had a Centurion Lounge. As of late, I have not done so. It may be blogger laziness (see Hangover = Blogger Malpractice?), but it has more to do with the decline in quality of lounges. Unless flying first, lounges are jam packed with people with few seating options and stale food choices.”
Thanks for tuning into the first edition of What Caught my Eye this Week
By the way, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- 7 Habits of the Healthy Business Traveler: How to Stay Healthy While Traveling for Business
- 101 Travel Hacks for the Business Traveler – the Best Business Travel Hacks
- 11 Packing Tips for Travel (the best packing tips for air travel)
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- 9 Travel Safety Tips to help you stay safe on your next trip
- The Best Travel Gifts for Her – A Gift Guide for Women Who Love to Travel
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition
- How to get over jet lag while you travel – 11 Jet Lag Tips for every traveler