A woman in Munich was pulled aside for questioning after it was discovered she was transporting her husband’s skeleton in a wooden box she’d checked before flying.
According to a Washington Times report, a 74 year old Armenian woman and her 52 year old daughter were questioned by German authorities on a flight from their current home in Greece. The pair were transiting the Munich airport on their way back to their native country of Armenia.
Apparently, the woman’s husband had been dead since 2008 and was in fact originally buried in Thessaloniki.
The German media firm DW noted that the woman was traveling to Armenia to bury her husband in his native homeland.
After questioning, it was determined no crime had been committed and the women were sent on their way without further incident.
- Mileage Runs
- Global Entry for Military?
- IRS Mileage Rate?
- United Airlines Baggage Fees for 2020
- REAL ID for Flying
- What are the TSA rules on Food?
- Cyber Security Travel Tips
- Can I travel with tweezers?
- Under 25 Car Rental Tips
- Useful Travel Gadgets
- Can I travel with vitamins?
- Can I travel with a razor?
- Can I travel with deodorant?
- Where can I buy a hotel mattress?
- Can I purchase a hotel pillow?
- What are the best travel pillows?
- How to use a status match
- What should I bring on my business trip?
- Checked bags vs carry on bags?