The Anker PowerCore 20100 – Ultra High Capacity Power Bank is a reliable and affordable portable power bank well suited for business and leisure travelers. In this Anker PowerCore 20100 Review we cover all of the ins and outs of this portable power bank and provide a buying recommendation.
The Anker PowerCore 20100 is one of 6 models of portable power banks in the Anker PowerCore Series. You can see all of them below in the comparison chart:
Anker PowerCore Review
This Anker PowerCore 20100 Review includes the following categories: Key Features, Size & Dimensions, Investigation of Key Marking Claims, a Buy Recommendation, and Where to buy the Anker PowerCore 20100 Review.
Key Features of the Anker PowerCore 20100
The Anker PowerCore 20100 claims to offer the best size to capacity ratio with it’s 7 days of battery life (when fully charged).
The Anker 20100 is a member of the PowerCore series which includes 6 portable power banks. Here are some of the key features (as noted on the product description):
- Ultra-High Capacity – Enough power to keep you going for days. Charge an iPhone 8 almost seven times, a Galaxy S8 five times or an iPad mini twice.
- High-speed Charging Technology – Exclusive to Anker, PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine to ensure your devices charge at their their fastest possible charge speed. Does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge.
- Enormous 4.8A Output – Industry leading output of 4.8 amps provides enough power to simultaneously charge any combination of devices at full speed.
- MultiProtect Safety System – Surge protection, short circuit protection and more advanced safety features keep you and your devices safe.
- Matte Finish – Enhances grip and doesn’t leave smudges or fingerprints.
- World Famous Warranty – At Anker, we believe in our products. That’s why we back them all with an 18-month warranty and provide friendly, easy-to-reach support.
Moreover, the Anker PowerCore 20100 provides two USB ports allowing for simultaneous charging of two devices.
When you purchase an Anker PowerCore 20100 you get the following items included with your purchase:
- PowerCore 20100 Portable Charger itself
- A Micro USB cable
- Travel Pouch (black) to store your Anker PowerCore20100 in safely
- A Welcome Guide
Size & Dimensions of the Anker PowerCore 20100
The Anker PowerCore 20100 is fairly small coming in at the following dimensions: 5.91 x 2.44 x 0.91 in (or roughly 6x3x1 in).
It weighs .71 lbs and you can get a sense of the scale using the pictures, below.
Anker PowerCore 20100 Product Claims – investigated
- Portable – [Rated Mostly True] The Anker PowerCore 20100 claims to be portable, and it clearly is. Although, in my personal experience it was a bit longer than I’d have liked it and honestly it felt heavier than it’s .71 lbs.
- High-Speed Charging – [Rated True] The Anker PowerCore 20100’s core feature is its ability to charge VERY fast. My experience was that this claim is 100% true. I have several Android devices and it charges them at a rapid rate – far faster than any single wall-charger cable or any other portable charger I’ve ever used.
- Highly Durable – [Rated True] The Anker PowerCore 20100 claims to be highly durable and I’ve found this to be true. Having now owned this for over 9 months, and traveled extensively across the United States on regular business travel, it’s been my experience this thing is a beast. I’ve dropped it several times and noticed no degradation of performance.
- Universal Compatibility – [Rated True] – The Anker PowerCore 20100 claims to be universally compatible. Although the primary use of my The Anker PowerCore 20100 has been with my Android phones, my wife has Apple iPhone. It’s worked perfect for both phones without issue. I’ve also used it charge my headphones and other devices. I’ve even used it to charge another power bank and it worked great.
Should I buy the Anker PowerCore 20100?
During this Anker PowerCore 20100 review I’ve examined the features, investigated the claims and shared some of my personal experiences. Here are some of the downsides I discovered along the way while using my Anker PowerCore 20100.
Downsides/Negatives with the The Anker PowerCore 20100
- Included cable was a bit short. The cable provided as part of the package was a bit shorter than I’d have liked it coming in around 18″ in length. Ideally a 24-36″ cable would be better suited for ease of plugging it into wall outlets.
- Would have liked 2 cables. The Anker PowerCore 20100 offers two USB charging ports, but only provides 1 cable.
- Size and weight. In my opinion, the size was a bit disappointing. I’d have liked it to be a little shorter. The nearly 6″ occasionally makes it difficult to fit into the front pouch of my Ogio Metro Backpack depending on how full it is. Not insurmountable, but something around 5″ would be better. It also feels a little heavier than it is (.71 lbs).
- Travel pouch. The travel pouch is nice, but useless. I immediately lost mine. And I’ve not needed it.
My buying recommendation
Despite the downsides noted above, my review of the Anker PowerCore 20100 concludes that it’s a buy. The rapid charging combined with incredible battery life make this is a great addition to any serious traveler’s travel kit.
It’s also great for road trips where I will slot it into a cup holder and charge my phone while driving to see the grandparents.
Anker remains a leading provider in quality portable power bank technology and the Anker PowerCore 20100 delivers on it’s key promises. For it’s affordable price, it’s a can’t be missed piece of travel gear.
Where to buy the Anker PowerCore 20100
The Anker PowerCore 20100 is available at most online stores and many brick and mortar stores. You can also easily purchase it online from Amazon here:
Final Thoughts on the Anker PowerCore 20100 Review
In this Anker PowerCore 20100 Review we covered the key features, size and dimensions, where to buy and provided a buy recommendation. As you consider adding the Anker PowerCore 20100 to your travel gear, we hope this Anker PowerCore 20100 Review was helpful. If so, leave us a comment or share it to social media.
- Product Review: OGIO Metro Backpack, The Business Traveler’s Backpack
- 101 Travel Hacks for the Business Traveler – the Best Business Travel Hacks
- How to get over jet lag while you travel – 11 Tips every traveler needs to know
- 11 Packing Tips Every Traveler Needs to Know
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear