An arrest has been made in the recent case where a hotel employee was captured on surveillance camera being assaulted by hotel guests in an apparently racially motivated attack. Philip Sarner and Emily Orbay were arrested late Monday for their alleged role in the incident which occurred in late June at at Mystic, Connecticut Quality Inn.
Surveillance videos shows the couple engaging in an altercation with the employee, Crystal Caldwell, an African American over the water temperature in their room. Sarner punches and shoves Caldwell to the ground and appears to kick her head while she’s on the floor.
According to Caldwell’s attorney, she sustained a concussion along with injuries to her eyes, knees and back.
Caldwell told an NBC news affiliate that this attack was actually the second time she’d been assaulted by Sarner and Orbay that day. Apparently, earlier in the day she was called a racial slur on the heels of being stomped by Sarner. “The monkey’s had enough,” Orbay is said to have stated.
Both were arrested in Brooklyn New York on July 14. Sarner was charged with a second and third degree assault charge while Orbay was charged with third degree assault. They both received charges based on bigotry and bias and were released on Tuesday after posting bail. Both are from the Long Island area.
- Mileage Runs
- Global Entry for Military?
- IRS Mileage Rate?
- United Airlines Baggage Fees for 2020
- REAL ID for Flying
- What are the TSA rules on Food?
- Cyber Security Travel Tips
- Can I travel with tweezers?
- Under 25 Car Rental Tips
- Useful Travel Gadgets
- Can I travel with vitamins?
- Can I travel with a razor?
- Can I travel with deodorant?
- Where can I buy a hotel mattress?
- Can I purchase a hotel pillow?
- What are the best travel pillows?
- How to use a status match
- What should I bring on my business trip?
- Checked bags vs carry on bags?