What did you miss this week in the travel universe? It was a busy week for travelers with lots of interesting bits of travel news including tons of coverage on the Coronavirus and how it might affect travelers. Here are the best travel articles we read this week.
We haven’t posted a weekly roundup of travel articles, but this week was so busy and interesting in the travel world we decided to pull together another list!
Best Travel Articles of the Week – what we read
Boy, the Coronavirus was all over the news this week. Seemed liked every other article you read or news outlet you watched had something to say about this new bug. We’ve sifted through these and shared some of the better ones for our readers, below. We’ve also highlighted a few general travel articles we liked this week, and lastly, some of the better travel related deals we saw.
Coronavirus related news
Fellow bloggers here at the BoardingArea.com covered this subject in a variety of interesting ways. We’ve highlighted a few we really liked, plus some other sites that covered the bug & travel together.
- Five ways I protect myself against the Coronavirus
- Should Travelers Fear the Coronavirus?
- Ward off Coronavirus in your hotel room
- Coronavirus: Planning Ahead At Home & Abroad
- Globus Updates Travel Policy for Coronavirus
- Business Travel and Airline Stocks are Collapsing
- WHO Says Coronavirus Risk Very High Globally
Best Travel Deals of the week
- 3-Ply Breathable & Comfortable Face Masks from Amazon
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (60k Points available)
- Best Leap Year Travel Deals
- Hurry! The Apple AirPods Pro Back in Stock and On Sale
- Amazon No Rush Reward Credits Expire
- United Airlines MileagePlus February Mile Play Fly By May 10, 2020
General Travel News
- How secure are airline wifi networks?
- Best Travel Purses for 2020
- The Tools We Use (for playing the game). 2020 Edition [referring to the points & miles game]
- Best Frequent Flyer Programs for 2020
- Darkside of the Flight Attendant Life
- 11 Tips to survive flying with an infant
Happy traveling! We canceled our family vacation to the UK this week due to fears about the Coronavirus. Super disappointing, but my wife felt it was the right thing to do and it wasn’t a hill I was going to die on…(pardon the un).