Earlier today, Delta announced they are moving their Louis Armstrong New Orleans International (MSY) operations from Terminal D to a newly built Terminal C (aka the North Terminal).
The North Terminal is part of the recent $1.2B expansion project undertaken at the airport (and definitely needed). If you’ve ever visited MSY you know there are many parts of this airport that are a bit tired. Glad to hear they are remodeling some portions of it.
The North Terminal is a magnificent undertaking and was designed by Cesar Pelli, a world class architect. The new terminal will host 35 news gates, improved security checkpoints, and unsurprisingly, better concessions.
In their plan, the designers note: “Passengers should feel the spirit of New Orleans in the new terminal through the sights, smells, and sounds that reverberate all the best in our City.” That means music! And…as far as smells go, we hope it’s just the food smells…they can leave the rest of bourbon street smells there… 🙂
The new terminal – and Delta’s operations therein officially open on May 15th – and we can’t wait to see it.
For more travel related news, check out our travel news section.
By the way, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- 7 Habits of the Healthy Business Traveler: How to Stay Healthy While Traveling for Business
- 101 Travel Hacks for the Business Traveler – the Best Business Travel Hacks
- 11 Packing Tips for Travel (the best packing tips for air travel)
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- 9 Travel Safety Tips to help you stay safe on your next trip
- The Best Travel Gifts for Her – A Gift Guide for Women Who Love to Travel
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition
- How to get over jet lag while you travel – 11 Jet Lag Tips for every traveler