Enterprise Holdings, the largest rental car company in the world, has re-branded its vanpool ridesharing program to “Commute with Enterprise.” In their press release, Enterprise, which manages the rental car brands Enterprise-Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent a Car, noted that the name change speaks to a key mission of the service formally known as Enterprise Rideshare:
“…creating solutions that not only immediately lower transportation costs for commuters…”
Enterprise presently operates over 11,000 vanpools in 45 states. They claim this helps eliminate 1.4 billion commuter miles each year and removes around 65,000 cars off the roads and parking lots (not to mention a massive reduction in carbon emission that’s greater than 1 billion pounds).
Enterprise’s Commute program speaks to and targets the larger problem facing American workers these days: lengthy commute times. In their press release, Enterprise references a Bloomberg report where commuters in places like Washington, DC, NYC, Chicago and Philly spend around an hour or more each day commuting to work.
You might be interested in: Best Rental Car Loyalty Program: National Car Rental Emerald Club
Two Offerings: Companies Can Sign Up, or Individuals Can Self Organize
Commute with Enterprise offers programs for both companies and individual employees. Under the company-focused program, firms can offer ridesharing / vanpooling as a perk or benefit to their staff by patterning directly with Enterprise.
Aside from the intrinsic benefit to the company of making it easier for employees to get to/from work, their are other benefits to the company including less parking problems at the company office (less spaces being used / needed), and tax benefits that help firms lower their FICA payroll taxes.
The Commute with Enterprise website has a calculator that allows firms to see the impact of implementing a ridesharing program. We tooled around with it a little (see below).
For a company of around 500 employees Enterprise suggests that 41 parking spots could be freed and over 300k in employee savings might be had. Not to mention the large amount of carbon emissions saved.
You might be interested in: 9 Secret Rental Car Hacks You Need to Know
Commuters can also enroll in the program by self-organizing. Enterprise will assist commuters with identifying fellow coworkers who live nearby, provide a vehicle and then help split the commute costs. This saves time and money for the commuter.
The Commute with Enterprise program also offers a “Guaranteed Ride Home” program where they will assist in getting you home if your day goes sideways (e.g. an emergency).
Final thoughts on Commute with Enterprise (formerly known as Enterprise Rideshare)
The Enterprise Commute program is definitely worth a look by both companies and employees facing lengthy commute times. Their focus on mobile technology combined with practical money and time saving benefits could lead to a happier workforce, money savings all around, and a better environmental footprint.
Read the full press release here.
For more travel related news, check out our travel news section.
If you liked this content, please do us a favor share it on social media and click the “like” button below and don’t forget to follow us on social media including Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
And, of course, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- What’s a young driver fee & what’s the best under 25 Car Rental Company?
- Travel Tip Tuesday #12: Skip the GPS when renting a car
- Travel Tip Tuesday #7: Get an AC Mounted Magnetic Cell Phone Holder for your Rental Car
- Travel Tip Tuesday #11: Never Prepay your Gas with a Rental Car
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- Product Review: OGIO Metro Backpack, The Business Traveler’s Backpack
- 11 Packing Tips for Travel (the best packing tips for air travel)
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- 9 Travel Safety Tips to help you stay safe on your next trip
- The Best Travel Gifts for Her – A Gift Guide for Women Who Love to Travel
- The Mileage Run – A Frequent Flyer Travel Hack You Need to Know