A company is legit offering a $1000 bounty for a lucky winner to spend a weekend in an RV. The catch? You’ve got to completely disconnect from the digital world.
SatelliteInternet.com, a company that helps folks liviing in rural areas compare and select a satellite internet company, is holding a contest where one lucky winner gets to stay in an RV free of charge and earn $1000 as long as they totally and completely digitally detox for the weekend.
Yup, no internet, no cell phone, not even a camera. No electronics.
The contest states:
One random winner will get paid $1,000 to give up technology for a weekend and camp in an RV at a US national park. If that’s you, you’ll rent an RV (which we’ll reimburse you for) and head to the National Park campsite of your choice on the dates you choose. After you get your tank refilled by the digital detox, we’ll have you use a mobile hotspot (or hit the local gas station or cafe for Wi-Fi) on the third night to share your experience online.
The company will pay you $400 at the start of the adventure and the remaining $600 once you’ve finished the “job.”
While that may sound like an easy task, you have to ask yourself, “When was the last time I went 48 hours without checking my phone?”
Contest Rules are pretty simple:
- Eligible to work in the US
- 25 years or older
- Able to legally drive
It appears you get to pick the national park you want to stay in as well as rent the RV and obtain a mobile hotspot – both of which they will reimburse you for. Looks like food and other supplies are yours to provide.
They will select a winner on September 23, 2020 and the candidate, if chosen, must accept by the end of September.
Like many of us, you are probably struggling to find your new normal. Perhaps you’ve done that and are simply bored. We’ve got your back. Here’s a ton of recent content that revolves around what’s facing us today, including working from home ideas, what to watch, things to read, and how to avoid boredom. Enjoy.
- Hilarious Work from Home Memes that 100% accurate
- Best Work from Home Gifts
- The Workation and how to combine a vacation with work
- How to make your own Face Mask
- How to Disinfect your Cell Phone, Laptop, iPad, Spouse, etc (Travel Tip Tuesday #13)
- 11 Ways to Earn Cash from Home
- 17 Tips on Successfully Working from Home
- 7 Work from Home Accessories to Maximize Productivity
- 10 Books that have changed my life (and might change yours)
- 31 Funny Zoom Backgrounds
- Free Microsoft Teams Backgrounds
- How to keep yourself busy at home (31 things to do when you can’t travel)
- Practical advice for leading a team remotely during a crisis
- 5 Virtual Team Building Ideas to keep things light & fun while working remote
- Best Travel Thermometers
- Where to buy Face Masks for Travel
- Will Local Travel Lead the Way Back for the Travel Industry?
- 10 TV Shows from 2000-2010 worth rewatching while you are NOT traveling
- Best New Shows to Watch while NOT traveling (plus some deep cuts)
- Amazon Cinema is here to save us all: watch in-theater movies at home
- Amazon makes many kids shows free to help keep parents from losing their minds
- 7 Creative Ways to Travel When You Can’t Leave Your House
- 47 Best Travel Books of all time, the Ultimate List of Books to Read while Traveling