Advertiser Disclosure: CBoardingGroup has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. CBoardingGroup and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn commissions from other affiliate programs as applicable. See our privacy & disclosure page for more info
Walk, run, ride a bus, you name it, Miles, will deposit reward points into your account which you can redeem for cool stuff. Last week, travel startup Miles, which bills itself as the “Frequent Flyer app for ground transportation,” closed another investment round worth around $2.25m.
Quick Overview of Miles
This round of funding brings their total venture haul to north of $5m.
For those unfamiliar with Miles they have a stated Mission:
“To deliver value for every mile traveled across every mode of transportation.”
In it’s simplest form, the Miles App allows you to earn “miles” (aka rewards, if you will) that you can redeem for services (like coffee, etc). The difference, it appears, is that Miles helps your earn “miles” for things you might not ordinarily earn them (like you taking a walk or a jumping in a cab).
They’ve partnered with a variety of prominent companies to offer rewards for use of the App.
Here’s a quote from their website:
“I spend nothing to earn miles and redeem them for products I love. Simple and easy to use.”
They have a version of the app for iOS and Android.
Sounds like a clever idea – but we’ve not yet tried it out yet. Stay tuned because we may do a product review of the Miles App in the future.
If you liked this content, please do us a favor share it on social media and click the “like” button below and don’t forget to follow us on social media including Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
For more travel related news, check out our travel news section.
And, of course, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- Product Review: OGIO Metro Backpack, The Business Traveler’s Backpack
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 101 Travel Hacks for the Business Traveler – the Best Business Travel Hacks
- 11 Packing Tips for Travel (the best packing tips for air travel)
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- 9 Travel Safety Tips to help you stay safe on your next trip
- The Best Travel Gifts for Her – A Gift Guide for Women Who Love to Travel
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition
- How to get over jet lag while you travel – 11 Jet Lag Tips for every traveler
- The Mileage Run – A Frequent Flyer Travel Hack You Need to Know
- Miles Continues to Build Momentum as World’s First Universal Rewards Platform – Delivering Value for Every Mile Traveled
- Miles Announces Momentum for Its Universal Rewards Platform Including New Reward Partners and Investment by JetBlue Ventures, Porsche Ventures and Sony Innovation Fund