Today’s Travel Deal of the Day is all about helping you get more secure when traveling. We’ve talked about different cyber security travel tips before, but today’s travel deal gives our readers a practical and well-regarded means to secure their Internet communications: A VPN – from NordVPN.
A Virtual Private Network, or VPN, is a service that encrypts your Internet traffic. It’s designed to help keep you safe on the Internet by obfuscating your traffic through encryption.
Today’s Travel Deal of the Day is the NordVPN service which has an offer running where buyers can get two years of service for only $79.00 – a 66% percent savings over the 1 year plan.
A 1 year plan typically runs buyers about $6.99 / month (paid upfront) where this deal drops the price down to $3.99 / month.
The deal includes NordVPN’s 30 day money back guarantee and allows you to secure up to 6 devices simultaneously – including phones and PCs.
Why do I need a VPN?
A VPN creates a secure tunnel by which your Internet traffic passes through. No can see through the encrypted tunnel that NordVPN creates and thus cannot get access to your Internet traffic.
According to NordVPN, a Virtual Private Network “…redirects your connection to the internet through a remote server run by a VPN provider. This way, the server becomes your secure launching pad for accessing various websites.”
For travelers, a VPN gives you peace of mind while traveling that even if the Internet connection you are using is unsecure, your Internet traffic will be safe. Your browsing history, personal accounts and more can be kept safer while on the road.
Without a VPN your connection is wide open. The free wi-fi you are using at the coffee shop or your hotel are not always safe. Why take the chance. Use a VPN to secure your traffic and get the peace of mind you want while traveling.
Who is NordVPN?
NordVPN is a leading provider of VPN services. Open since 2012, they’ve been providing secure encrypted communication services to thousands of customers. Cnet.com ranks the NordVPN as one of the Top VPN services for 2019.
NordVPN is used by travelers, companies, reporters and more to secure their Internet traffic.
For more travel related deals, check out our Travel Deal of the Day section. Many deals are still valid even after being featured in our deal of the day.
And – if you are looking for ways to secure your travels over, please check out our article 7 Cyber Security Travel Tips: Don’t get hacked on your business trip.
If you liked this content, please do us a favor share it on social media and click the “like” button below and don’t forget to follow us on social media including Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
And, of course, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- Top Travel Pillows – the best travel pillows for 2019
- What’s a young driver fee & what’s the best under 25 Car Rental Company?
- Product Review: OGIO Metro Backpack, The Business Traveler’s Backpack
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 101 Travel Hacks for the Business Traveler – the Best Business Travel Hacks
- 11 Packing Tips for Travel (the best packing tips for air travel)
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition
- How to get over jet lag while you travel – 11 Jet Lag Tips for every traveler
- The Mileage Run – A Frequent Flyer Travel Hack You Need to Know
- Best Travel Drone – compare and contrast the top rated drones for travel
- Anker PowerCore 20100 Review – Should I buy?