Unemployment estimates suggest that more than 22 million people (and rising!) may currently be out of work with millions more about to find themselves in the same predicament. Some segments of the economy have been hit harder than others. Travel, in particular, has been devastated by the COVID-19 crisis. Millions of Americans now find themselves in a frantic search for any sort of employment while attempting to deal with stay-at-home orders making job searches even more difficult than they already are.
But, there are still companies hiring and in many cases these jobs can be done remote. They may not be the “best” job or the pay the most, or be aligned with your career aspirations or educational background, but sometimes you have to take a J.O.B. We’ve assembled a list of companies hiring remote employees right now. Good luck!
Companies Hiring Remote Workers
We highlight 3 companies that are still hiring remote workers with relatively low entry positions.
Apple At Home Advisor Jobs
Apple shows no signs of slowing down during this crisis and at the time of this articles writing had at least 25 work from home jobs in the United States alone – many with little to no experience needed. Many of these roles are for what Apple calls an “At Home Advisor.”
An Apple At Home Advisor is essentially front line support. They describe it this way, “As our customers’ point of contact, you’ll be the friendly voice of Apple, providing world-class customer service, troubleshooting, and support.”
Apple also has several other roles beyond support positions including some sales and quality positions.
Amazon.com Jobs for Remote Employees
The COVID-19 crisis has been a boon for Amazon’s business as millions of Americans now rely on the online retailer for much of their shopping (including key staples like Toilet Paper, Bulk Pasta, Hand Sanitizer, Masks, etc). The company has rapidly expanded its workforce to keep up with the demand and while many of those new jobs are on the fulfillment side of their business (warehouse jobs and delivery jobs, which are not remote) there are still many Amazon Jobs which can be done remote. Here’s a few examples:
- Learning Specialist II: Build and deliver a large scale, innovative program that demonstrably improves the time to proficiency of field learning leaders across multiple operations to support Operations
- Senior Accommodation Consultant: Sr. Accommodation Consultants are highly skilled in answering questions related to ADA, understanding the employee’s situation, responding to changing circumstances and needs, and paving the way for a connected and trusted case management experience
- Senior Program Manager, Career Choice: If you are a self-motivated talented Program Manager with experience in creating, road-mapping, and driving large scale people development programs, then you should consider growing your career with us. This role will focus on managing and innovating programs to simplify and scale the education experience for associates
Arise call center support jobs
Robert Half is a staffing firm with access to a variety of companies in a variety of industries. They currently have a variety of remote positions available including positions in the mortgage industry, finance, tech and others. Here’s an example of one entry level customer service position that is currently open. Most positions are short term contract positions with an opportunity to convert into full time.
Other options to earn cash from home
Maybe you can’t find the perfect job right now, but you need to generate some cash. Or maybe you want to add a side hustle to your life to help be better prepared if something should occur with your primary source of income. Here’s a post we shared a few days ago that might have some ideas: 11 Ways to Earn Extra Cash from Home.
Thanks, Be Safe, and Keep Your Head Up
Like many of us, you are probably struggling to find your new normal. Perhaps you’ve done that and are simply bored. We’ve got your back. Here’s a ton of recent content that revolves around what’s facing us today, including working from home ideas, what to watch, things to read, and how to avoid boredom. Enjoy.
- Hilarious Work from Home Memes that 100% accurate
- Best Work from Home Gifts
- The Workation and how to combine a vacation with work
- How to make your own Face Mask
- How to Disinfect your Cell Phone, Laptop, iPad, Spouse, etc (Travel Tip Tuesday #13)
- 11 Ways to Earn Cash from Home
- 17 Tips on Successfully Working from Home
- 7 Work from Home Accessories to Maximize Productivity
- 10 Books that have changed my life (and might change yours)
- 31 Funny Zoom Backgrounds
- How to WFH without losing your mind – WFH self care tips!
- Free Google Meet Backgrounds
- Virtual Meeting Etiquette – you need to read this
- Upgrade a home office for under $50
- Free Microsoft Teams Backgrounds
- How to keep yourself busy at home (31 things to do when you can’t travel)
- Practical advice for leading a team remotely during a crisis
- 5 Virtual Team Building Ideas to keep things light & fun while working remote
- Best Travel Thermometers
- Where to buy Face Masks for Travel
- 7 Creative Ways to Travel When You Can’t Leave Your House
- 47 Best Travel Books of all time, the Ultimate List of Books to Read while Traveling