Famed travel trailer company Airstream just debuted its latest model, the Basecamp 20 and we literally cannot stop lusting after it. We’ve got all the details here on this modern, sleek and sure-to-be-timeless new travel trailer.
In early 2019 Airstream introduced a new travel trailer dubbed the Basecamp 16. This trailer was 16 feet in length, designed to be towed behind a small SUV and slept two people. Airstream’s next incarnation in the now popular Basecamp family is the Basecamp 20 (and 20x) – a 20 foot model that sleeps 4 people and still can be pulled by a small or mid sized SUV.
And we are absolutely in love with this already.
Airstream Basecamp 20 debuts
The overarching theme with the new Basecamp 20 is more. More room. More space. More storage. More features. More sleeping, etc.
And, while the price is a bit higher ($45,900 vs. $38,500) the trailer is still designed to be towed by a smaller sized SUV – a key element for the demographic it targets.
Before we get into some of the key details, here’s an official video from Airstream highlighting this cool new trailer.
Here’s a few more key details highlights.
Airstream Basecamp 20 key features
In our opinion, the coolest feature of any Airstream offering is the sleek, metallic streamlined look their trailers all feature. The Basecamp 20 continues this tradition with a familiar metallic sheen to exterior of the trailer. What makes the Basecamp offering especially unique is the curved window wall at the front of the trailer which offers inhabitants a majestic view of their destination. This feature, like much of the Basecamp 20 model is featured “more” than the smaller 16 foot model. There’s really no other way to describe the Basecamp other than it just looks cool!
The 20 foot model includes upgrades on several elements to the Basecamp line including more plugs, more space, more sleeping space (4 people), larger water tanks and so on.
Here’s a few key highlights:
- Bathroom – included
- Kitchenette – included
- Lounge Area that turns into a bed – included
- Air Conditioner & Heater – included
- Single Axle
- 20 feet in length
- Maximum Trailer Capacity: 4500 lbs
Airstream Basecamp 20 cost
The Aistream Basecamp 20 start at $45,900 for the base model and the upgraded model X starts at $48,900.
Airstream dealers are taking orders now with delivery of inventory available in the next few weeks.
In a world where travel is a grim prospect the great American road trip is back in full swing. Camping is hot too. A camper trailer like the Airstream Basecamp 20 isn’t cheap, but it could be a great way to get out of your house and experience some of this great country despite the world’s worst pandemic in recent history.
Like many of us, you are probably struggling to find your new normal. Perhaps you’ve done that and are simply bored. We’ve got your back. Here’s a ton of recent content that revolves around what’s facing us today, including working from home ideas, what to watch, things to read, and how to avoid boredom. Enjoy.
- Hilarious Work from Home Memes that 100% accurate
- Best Work from Home Gifts
- The Workation and how to combine a vacation with work
- How to make your own Face Mask
- How to Disinfect your Cell Phone, Laptop, iPad, Spouse, etc (Travel Tip Tuesday #13)
- 11 Ways to Earn Cash from Home
- 17 Tips on Successfully Working from Home
- 7 Work from Home Accessories to Maximize Productivity
- 10 Books that have changed my life (and might change yours)
- 31 Funny Zoom Backgrounds
- How to WFH without losing your mind – WFH self care tips!
- Free Google Meet Backgrounds
- Virtual Meeting Etiquette – you need to read this
- Upgrade a home office for under $50
- Free Microsoft Teams Backgrounds
- How to keep yourself busy at home (31 things to do when you can’t travel)
- Practical advice for leading a team remotely during a crisis
- 5 Virtual Team Building Ideas to keep things light & fun while working remote
- Best Travel Thermometers
- Where to buy Face Masks for Travel
- 7 Creative Ways to Travel When You Can’t Leave Your House
- 47 Best Travel Books of all time, the Ultimate List of Books to Read while Traveling