The hits just keep on coming! Reuters has reported that Amazon is postponing Amazon Prime Day until at least August. This is brutal news, but not unexpected. Prime Day is typically held in July each year and remains a massive sales opportunity for the online juggernaut.
Amazon Prime Day is arguably the largest shopping event of the year, equal in magnitude to the Christmas shopping binge that occurs ever year. Amazon’s Prime Day 2019 was absolutely epic with massive sales and discounts on numerous Amazon products, including huge discounts on big ticket electronics like TVs.
CNET.com noted that “Prime Day is typically held in July. The 48-hour sale last year was ‘largest shopping event in Amazon history” and “surpassed the previous Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined.’ Prime members bought more than 175 million items during the Prime Day stretch.“
Clearly, Amazon is being stretched by the virus as millions of shoppers buying pandemic supplies have pushed them to their limits. However, what’s interesting about this one month push is the clue that Amazon is giving us here about how long they think the coronavirus’ impact might be including economic impact, supply chain impact and availability of consumer cash.
For readers of the CBoardingGroup and travelers in general, this means the opportunity to find great deals on travel gear like headphones, luggage, portable chargers, international power adapters, etc (a nice side effect of Prime Day) is delayed at least a month.
Stay Safe Fellow Travelers
Like many of us, you are probably struggling to find your new normal. Perhaps you’ve done that and are simply bored. We’ve got your back. Here’s a ton of recent content that revolves around what’s facing us today, including working from home ideas, what to watch, things to read, and how to avoid boredom. Enjoy.
- Hilarious Work from Home Memes that 100% accurate
- Best Travel Thermometers
- 11 Ways to Earn Cash from Home
- 17 Tips on Successfully Working from Home
- 9 Laptops on Sale Right Now
- How to make your own Face Mask
- 7 Work from Home Accessories to Maximize Productivity
- 10 Books that have changed my life (and might change yours)
- 31 Funny Zoom Backgrounds
- Free Microsoft Teams Backgrounds
- How to keep yourself busy at home (31 things to do when you can’t travel)
- Practical advice for leading a team remotely during a crisis
- 5 Virtual Team Building Ideas to keep things light & fun while working remote
- Business Travel is Dead. Long Live Business Travel.
- Will Local Travel Lead the Way Back for the Travel Industry?
- 10 TV Shows from 2000-2010 worth rewatching while you are NOT traveling
- Best New Shows to Watch while NOT traveling (plus some deep cuts)
- Amazon Cinema is here to save us all: watch in-theater movies at home
- Amazon makes many kids shows free to help keep parents from losing their minds
- 5 Tips for not being a total douchebag elite traveler right now
- 7 Creative Ways to Travel When You Can’t Leave Your House
- 47 Best Travel Books of all time, the Ultimate List of Books to Read while Traveling
- How to Disinfect your Cell Phone, Laptop, iPad, Spouse, etc (Travel Tip Tuesday #13)