According to the Flat Earth International Conference (wtf…there’s a conference!?!), a cruise is in the planning stages and slated for 2020. Few details are available on their website (literally…nothing…just a picture of a boat and the statement “The Biggest Boldest Adventure Yet – Flat Earth Cruise 2020”).
But hey, nautical technology, tradition and science be damned.
The irony here is rich.
In case you didn’t know, Flat Earthers believe the earth is flat (see what I did there) instead of the well established sphere that it actually is (my guess is that many Flat Earthers are also anti-vaccine, but that’s just me going out on a wild limb here…).
According the highly educated (sarcasm) Flat Earth Society (yes, there’s a society):
“The evidence for a flat earth is derived from many different facets of science and philosophy. The simplest is by relying on ones own senses to discern the true nature of the world around us. The world looks flat, the bottoms of clouds are flat, the movement of the Sun; these are all examples of your senses telling you that we do not live on a spherical heliocentric world. This is using what’s called an empirical approach, or an approach that relies on information from your senses.“
You can read all about the Flat Earth Society, here. [I made that link a nofollow link…sorry can’t support this level of douchery. You get no link juice from me, Flat Earthers!]
For more travel related news, check out our travel news section.
If you’d like to read something actually useful while you are waiting for registration to open up for the Flat Earth Conference, here’s some ideas:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- 7 Habits of the Healthy Business Traveler: How to Stay Healthy While Traveling for Business
- 101 Travel Hacks for the Business Traveler – the Best Business Travel Hacks
- 11 Packing Tips for Travel (the best packing tips for air travel)
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- 9 Travel Safety Tips to help you stay safe on your next trip
- The Best Travel Gifts for Her – A Gift Guide for Women Who Love to Travel
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition
- How to get over jet lag while you travel – 11 Jet Lag Tips for every traveler