Advertiser Disclosure: CBoardingGroup has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. CBoardingGroup and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn commissions from other affiliate programs as applicable. See our privacy & disclosure page for more info
A solid business atmosphere, increased tourism spend, simpler visa rules, and broadening middle class are the driving forces behind Hyatt’s substantive Indian expansion according to a press release earlier this week.
In late 2018 Hyatt acquired Two Roads Hospitality and one of the early expansions of 2019 in India comes via that acquisition and their Alila brand which brought two new properties: Diwa Goa and Fort Bishangarh.
Over the course of the next two years, Hyatt will open a total of 14 new properties across India in places like Kochi Malayattoor (a Hyatt Regency), Gurgaon (a grand Hyatt) and Vadodara (a Hyatt Place).
The Kochi Malayattoor is perhaps the most interesting of the bunch as it will be a resort that sits on the banks of the picturesque Periyar river.
India is a country of unique beauty and mysterious destinations (like the Taj Majal). A rich culture and unique palette of food offerings along with all of the other reasons presented at the beginning of this article have made it a popular tourist and business destination.
According to Indian Ministry of Tourism, India had over 93 million visitors in 2018 which was a 5.6% growth over the prior year. With that sort of volume it’s no wonder Hyatt (and others) are increasing their focus and investment in India.
The total estimated new rooms Hyatt will be adding to its Indian properties over the next 24 hours will be around 2,100.
Speaking of hotels, you might be interested in 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
For more travel related news, check out our travel news section.
By the way, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- 7 Habits of the Healthy Business Traveler: How to Stay Healthy While Traveling for Business
- 101 Travel Hacks for the Business Traveler – the Best Business Travel Hacks
- 11 Packing Tips for Travel (the best packing tips for air travel)
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- 9 Travel Safety Tips to help you stay safe on your next trip
- The Best Travel Gifts for Her – A Gift Guide for Women Who Love to Travel
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition
- How to get over jet lag while you travel – 11 Jet Lag Tips for every traveler
- Travel Memes – hilarious laughs for travelers