Not much travel is going on right now and people are going a little stir crazy. Apparently, though, you can order airplane food and have it delivered to your home! Why someone would want to do that is interesting in and of itself (generally, airline food is, in my opinion, not great), but apparently there are a few ways folks can get their hands on some airline grub.
As reported by the Washington Post earlier this month, the company Imperfect Foods is selling the JetBlue cheese and cracker offering to consumers. Imperfect Foods is a California based company that is focused on reducing food waste. They buy and resell “imperfect foods” (or foods that may have minor issues or simply be overstocked).
Given the massive reduction in travel JetBlue has apparently sold large quantities of unused cheese trays to Imperfect Foods to help get rid of excess food. JetBlue has also donated some of their excess food to food banks as have other airlines including American and United (to name two).
JetBlue food isn’t the only airline offering it’s food to nostalgic-home-bound-travelers. Russian airline Ural Airlines has also made some of its food options available to Russian consumers and even delivers. Russian airline food? Doesn’t sound great…
Maybe the best news of the day is that you can purchase United Airline’s Stroopwafels direct from the baker themselves. Yay! This we can get behind!
Thanks & Stay Safe out there
Like many of us, you are probably struggling to find your new normal. Perhaps you’ve done that and are simply bored. We’ve got your back. Here’s a ton of recent content that revolves around what’s facing us today, including working from home ideas, what to watch, things to read, and how to avoid boredom. Enjoy.
- Hilarious Work from Home Memes that 100% accurate
- Best Work from Home Gifts
- The Workation and how to combine a vacation with work
- How to make your own Face Mask
- How to Disinfect your Cell Phone, Laptop, iPad, Spouse, etc (Travel Tip Tuesday #13)
- 11 Ways to Earn Cash from Home
- 17 Tips on Successfully Working from Home
- 7 Work from Home Accessories to Maximize Productivity
- 10 Books that have changed my life (and might change yours)
- 31 Funny Zoom Backgrounds
- How to WFH without losing your mind – WFH self care tips!
- Free Google Meet Backgrounds
- Virtual Meeting Etiquette – you need to read this
- Upgrade a home office for under $50
- Free Microsoft Teams Backgrounds
- How to keep yourself busy at home (31 things to do when you can’t travel)
- Practical advice for leading a team remotely during a crisis
- 5 Virtual Team Building Ideas to keep things light & fun while working remote
- Best Travel Thermometers
- Where to buy Face Masks for Travel
- 7 Creative Ways to Travel When You Can’t Leave Your House
- 47 Best Travel Books of all time, the Ultimate List of Books to Read while Traveling