Advertiser Disclosure: CBoardingGroup has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. CBoardingGroup and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn commissions from other affiliate programs as applicable. See our privacy & disclosure page for more info
Marriott has one heck of a promotion going on for racing fans. Today, Marriott announced an expansion of their Formula 1 racing partnership with the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport team where arguably the best F1 driver in the world, Lewis Hamilton, races.
Already an Mercedes-AMG F1 sponsor, Marriott’s partnership expansion comes on the heels of their re-branded rewards program, Bonvoy and is no doubt part of the overall marketing campaign designed to woo nervous members reeling from the impacts of the dramatic and eventful cyber attack.
Under this partnership, Marriott Bonvoy Members will have the opportunity to use their Bonvoy points to bid on unique F1 fan activities like:
- Spending the night on the Mercedes-AMG Petronos yacht duyring the famous Monaco Grand Prix – arguably the most famous and exotic Formula 1 race.
- Have Lewis Hamilton chauffeur you to the event on race day
- Ride (as a passenger) around the Grand Prix track in a high-performance Mercedes
- Participate in a pit stop challenge (details unclear)
The announcement further notes that these are just some of the experiences Marriott Bonvoy members will have the opportunity to take part in. Others include: “…behind the scenes access with the team over Grands Prix weekends for the ultimate fan selfie, where drivers, media and celebrities hang out, visits to the team garage, and prime viewing venues and other experiences at races throughout the season.”
Karin Timpone, Global Marketing Officer for Marriott notes: “Our marketing partnership with Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport team will give Marriott Bonvoy members, many of whom are fans of the team, the opportunity to pursue their passion for the sport.”
Other details about partnership include the following:
- Partnership is for 7 years
- Bonvoy will become the Mercedes-AMG Petronas team’s official hotel loyalty program
- The Ritz-Carlton is the team’s official hotel partner
- Logos for Bonvoy and the Ritz will appear on driver’s racing suits
Now, when Hamilton edges another driver off the track, they too can claim they’ve been “BONVOYED!”
Readers can view the entire Formula 1 / Bonvoy press release here.
For more travel related news, check out our travel news section.
By the way, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- 7 Habits of the Healthy Business Traveler: How to Stay Healthy While Traveling for Business
- 101 Travel Hacks for the Business Traveler – the Best Business Travel Hacks
- 11 Packing Tips for Travel (the best packing tips for air travel)
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- 9 Travel Safety Tips to help you stay safe on your next trip
- The Best Travel Gifts for Her – A Gift Guide for Women Who Love to Travel
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition
- How to get over jet lag while you travel – 11 Jet Lag Tips for every traveler