Advertiser Disclosure: CBoardingGroup has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. CBoardingGroup and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn commissions from other affiliate programs as applicable. See our privacy & disclosure page for more info
Happy New Year travelers! Our first Travel Tip Tuesday post of 2020 is an admonition to Never Leave your Toothbrush in the Hotel Room. Find out why!
Our Travel Tip Tuesday series has been live for a year now! Now that the calendar has turned over we are rebooting the series, dusting off some of our originals, rewriting and republishing many of them, and adding news ones. The first one for 2020, however, had to be the one that started our Travel Tip Tuesday series: Leaving a toothbrush in a hotel room and what a bad idea that is. Happy New Year, and Happy Traveling.
Never leave your toothbrush in the hotel room!
Hotel life is a key part of the frequent travel experience. As a frequent business traveler myself I am in hotels around 100+ nights a year on a consistent basis. Many of my readers do the same thing week in and week out.
As a Frequent Traveler I’ve developed my own set of Hotel Hacks that I often use to make my hotel stays a little better, but there’s one rule I never violate:
Never leave your toothbrush in the hotel room
Why you ask? Well just google “Hotel Maids Toothbrush” and you will never leave it behind again. Maybe it’s just urban legend or maybe it’s true. Who knows…
But, I ain’t taking the chance!
Here’s a few hotel toothbrush stories. Judge for yourself:
Fellow Travel Blogger Johnny Jet shared an interesting story from one of his readers:
“…traveling in Europe a couple years ago, a friend forgot his jacket so returned to his room to collect it. The maid was cleaning the room so he walked in and discovered her in the bathroom—using his toothbrush to brush her teeth!“
I always bring my toothbrush with me!
Always bring it with you when you leave the room! And if you do feel so inclined to leave it behind…for the love of god, hide the thing!
And if you leave it out on the counter like I did the other day….just toss it right in the trash! The hotel can give you a freebie if you need a replacement.
There’s a hidden benefit to bringing your toothbrush with you when you leave the room…now you can brush you nasty fangs after scarfing that philly cheesesteak at lunch!
Speaking of travel toiletries you might be interested to see how I buy my travel toiletries (in bulk) to save money!
See you next Travel Tip Tuesday for another interesting installment
Thanks for stopping in. Happy New Year to all of our readers and happy traveling in 2020!
Note: This post was first published in early 2019 and updated for 2020.
Don’t forget to follow us on social media including: Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Flipboard and Instagram. Be sure to check out some of our other great travel related content including the following articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 27 Amazing Hotel Pillows – the Best Hotel Pillows You can Buy
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- Is the Bulkhead Seat on a plane any good?
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- Top Travel Pillows – the best travel pillows for 2020
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2020 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- Why Frequent Travelers should buy their Travel Size Toiletries in Bulk!
- 101 Travel Hacks for the Business Traveler – the Best Business Travel Hacks
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2020 Edition
- The Mileage Run – A Frequent Flyer Travel Hack You Need to Know
- Best Travel Drone – compare and contrast the top rated drones for travel
- Anker PowerCore 20100 Review – Should I buy?
- The Dark Side of Travelling for Work
- Beats Solo 3 Wireless Review Are these Beats Travel Headphones worth the money?
- How to get through Airport Security Faster with these practical TSA Tips (Travel Tip Tuesday #29)
- What’s a young driver fee & what’s the best under 25 Car Rental Company?
- Best Packing Cubes you didn’t know you needed
- TSA Drone Policy – do they have one?
Pin Me for Later: