A small plane was forced to make an emergency landing on a Florida beach yesterday. Quick thinking by a flight instructor resulted in a tense landing on a mostly empty beach. Both the pilot and passenger were unscathed. See the moment the plane touches down here.
Florida flight instructor Jenna Dunay probably didn’t have crash land on a beach on her Sunday to-do list. But, it was her quick thinking that allowed both her and her student to walk away unharmed after being forced to land her plane on Florida’s Treasure Island Beach.
In an NBC interview, she note that when it became apparent she had to put the plane down, “I don’t think I had time to be nervous. It was muscle memory. Didn’t even need to look at the checklist.”
According to news reports, the plane’s engine gave out after 15 or 20 minutes in the air. After attempting to resolve the situation, she made the decision to land the airplane and Treasure Island beach, which was mostly deserted, made the most sense.
Other than hitting a pole which caused some damage, both the plane and the crew are doing fine. Watch the full interview and landing here:
Image credit: YouTube
- Mileage Runs
- Global Entry for Military?
- Travel Memes
- Road Trip Memes
- Road Trip Gadgets
- What are the TSA rules on Food?
- Cyber Security Travel Tips
- Can I travel with tweezers?
- Under 25 Car Rental Tips
- Useful Travel Gadgets
- Can I travel with vitamins?
- Can I travel with a razor?
- Can I travel with deodorant?
- Where can I buy a hotel mattress?
- Can I purchase a hotel pillow?
- What are the best travel pillows?
- How to use a status match
- What should I bring on my business trip?
- Checked bags vs carry on bags?
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn commissions from other affiliate programs as applicable.