Advertiser Disclosure: CBoardingGroup has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. CBoardingGroup and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
In our second Travel Tip Tuesday post of 2020 we are talking about power! Yup, the frequent traveler probably has several devices that all run on batteries. Batteries that have varying levels of use, charging capacity, and charging speed. And they always run out when we need them the most.
In this week’s addition we share another critical, must-know, life-altering (ok, that’s probably too dramatic) travel tip.
Always Be Charging (ABC)
This Tuesday’s travel tip is a simple, but important one. It has to do with power! If you travel much you know how fast your tech gear drains its battery. Think about how many battery powered devices you travel with:
- At least one cell phone (possibly two if you travel for work)
- You probably have a computer (rarely, but maybe two if you do business travel)
- iPad or tablet (hopefully not two)
- Wireless headphones
From your cell phone, to your laptop to your wireless headphones it seems like that battery runs out faster than ever these days!
That’s why it’s critical to always be charging!
Doesn’t matter when/where. If you CAN charge you should. This means during your layovers, in your car on the way to the airport. Heck, when you jump in the shower in the morning plug that phone in!
Over the years I’ve realized that airports don’t always have readily available plugs and while newly remodeled airports usually do, they are still pretty crowded. That’s why I invested in a couple of good portable chargers that I now carry with me on all trips (or at least one of them).
The first portable charger I invested in was the PISEN 20000mAh Power Bank. This beast of a charger is massive – both in the amount of power it puts out and it’s physical size. It features 2 USB charging ports and holds a charge long enough to charge an iPhone 6-8 times. My only complaint about the PISEN is it’s size. It’s frankly a little too big for my tastes. I’ve ultimately gifted it to my kids for use on road trips, etc.
The second portable charger I invested in was the Anker PowerCore 20100. I highly recommend you invest in this charger. It’s durable, reasonably sized, and holds a long charge. You can read my full product review of the Anker PowerCore 20100 here.
The other interesting thing I tried was purchasing a new carry on suitcase which included a power charging option. The TravelPro Crew 11 21″ Suitcase has been the single best piece of luggage I’ve ever owned. In addition to being sturdy, lightweight, durable and well built, it also features a charging feature. You have to provide your own power bar (a small one, ideally), but when you do you can charge your gear from the convenience of wherever your suitcase is!
You can read my full product review of the TravelPro Crew 11 21″ Suitcase here.
See you next Travel Tip Tuesday for another interesting installment of travel advice
Alright, we did it. Travel Tip Tuesday #2 of 2020 is in the books. Wherever the travel gods have you this week I hope you are safe and I hope you are charging!
Don’t forget to follow us on social media including: Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Flipboard and Instagram. Be sure to check out some of our other great travel related content including the following articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 27 Amazing Hotel Pillows – the Best Hotel Pillows You can Buy
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- Is the Bulkhead Seat on a plane any good?
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- Top Travel Pillows – the best travel pillows for 2020
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2020 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- Why Frequent Travelers should buy their Travel Size Toiletries in Bulk!
- 101 Travel Hacks for the Business Traveler – the Best Business Travel Hacks
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2020 Edition
- The Mileage Run – A Frequent Flyer Travel Hack You Need to Know
- Best Travel Drone – compare and contrast the top rated drones for travel
- Anker PowerCore 20100 Review – Should I buy?
- The Dark Side of Travelling for Work
- Beats Solo 3 Wireless Review Are these Beats Travel Headphones worth the money?
- How to get through Airport Security Faster with these practical TSA Tips (Travel Tip Tuesday #29)
- What’s a young driver fee & what’s the best under 25 Car Rental Company?
- Best Packing Cubes you didn’t know you needed
- TSA Drone Policy – do they have one?
Pin me for Later: