On the northwest coast of the Red Seas lies an ambitious Saudi tourism project for the ultra rich. The Amaala resort will soon have it’s own airport and the plans are stunning.
The name Amaala is an apparent mashup of two words that represent hope and purity and it’s easy to see why this is an appropriate name for this lavish resort.
Situated on a remote part of the northwestern Red Sea, the resort is targeted for the world’s ultra wealthy and they will soon have a new airport.
The airport promises to be unlike any other airport and it’s 1 million annual guest will be treated to an architectural masterpiece.
With it’s roots in the desert mirage the airport will rise from the deserts sands shimmering and shifting with an air of uncertainty. The Foster + Partners design team envisions travelers being “treated to a piece of art rising from the desert” as they approach.
Watch the video below and judge for yourself:
The airport will officially open in 2023 and it promises to be on every airport geek’s bucket list.
- Mileage Runs
- Global Entry for Military?
- IRS Mileage Rate?
- United Airlines Baggage Fees for 2020
- REAL ID for Flying
- What are the TSA rules on Food?
- Cyber Security Travel Tips
- Can I travel with tweezers?
- Under 25 Car Rental Tips
- Useful Travel Gadgets
- Can I travel with vitamins?
- Can I travel with a razor?
- Can I travel with deodorant?
- Where can I buy a hotel mattress?
- Can I purchase a hotel pillow?
- What are the best travel pillows?
- How to use a status match
- What should I bring on my business trip?
- Checked bags vs carry on bags?