Looking for more great travel blogs to follow (besides mine of course!)? Here’s is the definitive list of the Best Travel Blogs 2019. Traveling is a passion for many, a job for others, and somewhere in between for most. As I’ve started my own journey into the world of travel blogs, I’ve been amazed, awed and inspired by some of the great travel blogs out there. I don’t really view them as competition, but rather as inspiration and I want to share some of the best ones with you.
Note: this post has been updated for 2019
And believe me, there’s no shortage of great travel bloggers to follow on the Internet. So, I’ve culled the list down to the few I think are most interesting. I’ve arranged this list of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 by category, as noted below:
- 3 (Overall) Best Travel Blogs. In this category, I’ve included all types of travel blog. The very best of the best travel blogs. Ranging from pleasure, to business travel to something in between, I’ve picked out the 3 Best Travel Blogs.
- Best Business Travel Blogs. Here, we find the grinders. The road warriors. Those who travel almost every week for their day job. This is me. There are not many folks blogging about this experience, but I see my fellow business travelers every week as I head out for my next work trip.
- Other Great & Interesting Travel Bloggers you NEED to follow. This is a list of other travel bloggers that have great content, interesting posts, and more.
- Solo Female Travel Bloggers. A list of the best and most interesting solo female travel bloggers you ought to be following!
- Duos/Couples Travel Bloggers. A collection of the most interesting couples and duos who’ve taken their lives on the road.
- Family Travel Bloggers. Get out there with your kids and more! A fun list of the best family travel blogs I’ve discovered.
- The Up and Comers. A list of newb travel bloggers that I’ve exchanged links with (and who I think are worth following – they might just have a bright future!).
So let’s get to it. Without any further ado, here is the ultimate list of the best travel blogs 2019 edition.
Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition
Drum roll…and here they are:
3 (overall) Best Travel Blogs
I have spent a LOT of time looking at travel blogs. Asking questions like how do they do cover a certain topic, or use images in their posts or what social channels seem to be working. Even what kinds of products they might be offering to their readers. During that time, I’ve discovered 3 travel blogs that everyone should be following. Here are the 3 (overall) Best Travel Blogs:
- Nomadic Matt. Matt, in my opinion, sets the standard for all travel blogs on the internet. He meets all the criteria: Useful content, attractive website, highly popular, and his authenticity comes through. Plus, he’s a fan of Pinky & the Brain, which honestly is all that was really needed here.
- YTravelBlog: I found the YTravelBlog by accident, while searching for ideas on how to structure my blog and boy am I glad I did. Their travel blog is more of a general travel blog, that’s a bit more focused on family travel blogging. Their site is clean, well organized, and they offer well written, engaging, and authentic content. My family has used their site when planning family vacations! #MustFollow.
- On The Grid: This is an interesting choice for the best travel blogs list, because it’s really a collection of hundreds of localized travel bloggers providing their feedback and reviews of local eateries and neighborhoods. But the content is stellar, and written from a local perspective which is always best. You need to check these guys out.
Honorable Mention: A Dangerous Business Travel Blog. Despite the name, this is NOT a business travel blog. It is, however, a wonderful collection of wonderful spun travel tales told by Amanda. They are full of vibrant pictures and an earnest voice.
Keep reading, because we’ve only just scratched the surface on the best travel blogs around.
Best Business Travel Blogs
As noted in the intro, there are not a lot of business travel blogs out there today.
I don’t know why that is, because there are certainly a lot of us business travelers out there every day. Believe me, I sit next to them every week on my Southwest flight.
With that said, here’s a list of the best business travel blogs in the game today (IMO!):
- Road Warriorette: The Road Warriorette is run by a serious business professional, Sarah and she knows what she’s talking about. She offers great tips, practical advice, and excellent dining ideas for those who spend more nights in the next Hampton Inn than they do in their own bed.
- Business Travel Life: For my money, the Business Travel Life is the preeminent standard for Business Travel Blogs. Clean, simple site, loaded with useful practical information that every business traveler can benefit from. You need to add this business travel blog to your daily reading list.
- CBoardingGroup.com (me!): I am including my new blog in this list, because, well…it’s my article. Haha! But also, there are really not that many business travel blogs. I’d like to think that my focus on topics like Travel Hacks, Travel Tips, Healthy Business Travel and of course Gifts for Business Travelers are actually useful for my fellow business travel brethren. Time will tell though. LOL!
- Stuck at the Airport. This business travel blog is probably my favorite in terms of aesthetic appeal. Harriet Baskas has done a tremendous job with her sight. It’s like Pinterest, but a travel blog. Pretty sweet looking. It’s also, FULL of wonderful content that the business traveler can use on their daily grind.
- BoardingArea.com. The Boarding Area is really a suite of business travel blogs. It is a platform that hows somewhere (at last count) around 30+ business travel related blogs – some good, some not so much. Lots of experienced travelers here though.
- Frequent Business Traveler: This is an established business travel blog. But it’s in need of a blog makeover. Content is solid, don’t get me wrong, but it feels like I traveled back in time and found this site via my search on Excite.com. Looks aside, it has wonderful, useful content, which frankly is more important.
- The Military Frequent Flier. The Military Frequent Flier is run by a couple of vets who know how to travel. While they are no longer actively serving, their years of travel during their service have given them unique perspective on travel. Definitely worth a follow.
- Travel After Five. A fellow business travel blogger I recently discovered that puts out great content. Clean site. Good pics…and great guides for what to do AFTER 5pm…which is a real problem for us regular business travelers. She also has a Road Warrior Handbook you might want to check out.
- Business Travel News: These guys should be the gold standard for business travel blogs and I would have named them so, if they were not SO polished. In my view, a travel blog is run by 1 or 2 people and it’s a side hustle, not the main squeeze. BTN is a great site, don’t get me wrong. SOLID advice, business travel news, ideas on points programs, etc. But it’s also a full blown business. Still, add it to your business travel blog feed.
Did I miss your business travel blog? Hit me up on Twitter and let me know!
Other Great & Interesting Travel Bloggers you NEED to follow (various categories)
Here is a fun list of interesting travel bloggers worth following. Check em out!
- Diana’s Healthy Living. Diana’s Healthy Living blog is a balanced lifestyle blog that covers everything from travel, to food, to healthy lifestyle. She has a huge following and that’s probably because she puts out great content – stuff worth reading! For example, the Top 5 Things To Do in Tempe, Arizona contains solid suggestions on what to do in this interesting town (and I know Tempe, my in-laws live there). Most compelling though, are her pictures which are I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E.
- Tim Foolery. A super great name for a travel blog if you ask me! Been around a long time (since 2011) and is consistently pumping out solid content. And except for the fact he’s a United guy (ugh!) he’s pretty swell. 🙂 Check him out!
- The Down Lo. Cool name and logo but better content. Lauren has a massive blog with a huge social media following and it’s justified given all of the exciting places she’s been and solid content
- Cranky Flier. A great name, first of all! But also, great content. The Cranky Flier is run by a gentleman who’s been in and around the airline industry for years. His unique perspective on the industry with a healthy dose of “crank” (which is hilarious). Check out his section on the “worst airline ever” and watch him lambaste some bonehead moves by some big name airlines.
- Rolandomio Travel. Try saying that 3 times fast! While I have no idea how to pronounce the name of his website, there is really good content destination related travel content here. But, what I like most about the Rolandomio Travel folks is they are super engaging with their audience. Leave them a comment? You will get a response.
- The Unusual Traveler. What I like most about Christian’s blog (aside from his funny blog title) is that he blogs about beer (I mean, who doesn’t love that!). He also has an extensive live of travel tips and tricks about life as a backpacker!
- The Creative Travel Guide. The Creative Travel Guide is a vivid travel blog with exceptional pictures and great advice (like their article Do you know what is really covered by your travel insurance?)
- Hopping Feet. First off, I love the name of this blog. Very creative. But more importantly, they have great travel content. She notes: “My itineraries are usually activity-heavy and my ideas are best suited for those looking to maximise their limited time.” And that’s exactly the case with articles like 8 places in Oahu, Hawaii that’ll make your jaw drop which is full of great suggestions on what to do on that fun island.
- It’s all Bee. Bianca, or Bee, as she goes by, is a London-based IT consultant that loves to travel. She writes destination guides and shares great travel tips – including some packing tips worth checking out!
- Continents and Condiments. Cedric is a freelance journalist from Canada blogging about food and travel. But it’s his food blogging that is out of this world!
- Orange Wayfarer. A culturally immersive and responsible travel focused blog. Learn tips on how to integrate into the local culture for a better travel experience!
- Career Gappers. Learn how to refocus your life for a travel focused career Gap. Alex and Lisa teach you how to intentionally take time for travel in their career break advice section.
- Gastrotravelogue. A blog about foodies and for foodies who travel. Yum!
- Wanderous Affair. The Wanderous Affair is a travel magazine and blog that provides vivid pictures and accounts of some of the most fascinating places in the world, book reviews, . For example, their article on All-Inclusive Caribbean Trips is full of useful advice for the warm-water bound vacationer!
Solo Female Travel Blogs
Solo female travelers. Fierce. This is a category that would describe my 22 year old daughter if she weren’t still plugging away at college.
- Luggage and Lipstick. Patti, aka the Boomer Blond, is a professional writer, who’s won dozen’s of awards for her blogging and photography. She hosts a MASSIVE blog that is full of great content from the perspective of a Baby Boomer. For example her. She also has a book, Girls Go Solo: Tips for Women Traveling, which is, in her words, “is chockablock with Patti’s own tested and proven tips wrapped in her witticisms.” Haha! Highly recommend adding this site your regular reading list.
- Dreams in Heels. Latina influencer Olga’s award winning Dreams in Heels blog documents her extensive travel journey (including What to do in Quito, Ecuador). She also provides solid travel tips and advice (including some great tips for solo female travel). Highly recommend following this blog. You might also dig her YouTube channel.
- Tiffany’s Travels. Since 2016 Tiffany has been published great content documenting her travel journey’s. From adventures in places like Ghana and more, she consistently puts the good stuff out.
- Travels with Talek. Talek is widely traveled and has documented her adventures, advice and tips in her excellently structured blog. For example, if you are looking for Wildlife Adventures in Africa, she’s got it! She’s written a book about Traveling to Cuba!
- Paulina on the Road. Paulina is a slow travel and sustainable travel enthusiast from Luxembourg. She blogs in both English and Spanish (how cool is that!). Oh, and she explains how to go Boat Hitchhiking (which apparently is a thing – who knew!?).
- Travel Like a Prince. Jennifer’s been traveling since she was 14 and has got a serious case of wanderlust. Keep on eye on her travels by following her blog!
- Bye:Myself. A creatively named solo female travel blog. Follow Renata as she updates us on all of her interesting travel adventures!
- Explore with Lora. A solo backpacker trekking across the world. Follow her and her adventures on this intriguing blog.
- Rayner en Route. Follow New Hampshire based Rebecca as she travels this world and shares her journey with all of us.
Duo / Couples Travel Blogs
Love on the road. How cute. 🙂 Here’s a fun list of the Best Couples Travel Blogs or just duo’s.
- Executive Thrillseekers. A cute couple that’s taken their love on the road. Budget travel tips, exciting destinations (like Scuba Diving the Red Sea!), and more. Try to keep up if you can!
- Travels with Mei & Kerstin. Mei and Kerstin have been traveling this world as a Lesbian couple since 2002 and they’ve got the evidence. Their extensive blog is full of great slow travel stories, smart travel tips, and they’ve been featured as one of the 33 LGBTQ blogs Travelers to follow on IG.
- The Globetrotter Guys. Two dudes out on the road (see what I did there). Sion and Ben showcase LGBTQ adventures and attitudes from across the globe. You can check out some of their Gay Travel Guides here for more information.
- Time to Go Everywhere. Renos and Maria are young couple traveling the world and sharing their adventures and travel tips
- Cultures Traveled. Culture’s Traveled is a Slow Traveling Couple sharing their journey around the world with particular emphasis on Latin America & Mexico.
- Life of Doing. Follow Jackie and Justin as they adventure through life and journey this world.
- A Couple for the Road. This duo markets themselves as a cultural travel blog that celebrates international art, history, architecture, music, language and culinary traditions. They offer travel tips, food recommendations, and destination guides. Definitely worth a follow!
Best Family Travel Blogs
Families who travel together, stay together. How much fun would it be to travel the world with your kids! Find out with this list of the best family travel bloggers:
- The Travelling Twins. A fun family documenting their travels with twin kiddos including how they school their kids while traveling. How exciting!
- A Winter Escape. A family travel blog that shares practical and earnest truths about traveling with kids – and how important it is to do just that!
- More Life in your Days. This interesting family got engaged in Mynamar! (wow, cool story, I am sure) and shares ideas on how to get more quality time with your family – especially while traveling. For example, their article on 10 things to do in Venice with kids is a gold mine of kid-friendly ideas and adventures.
- Four Around the World. The Connor’s are an Aussie family who love to see the world, kids in tow. Simon, the dad, appears to be an LA Dodgers fan so by definition this is the greatest family travel blog on the list. Go Dodgers!
- Roots Wings and Things. Great family travel blog with practical advice for traveling as a family and some cool family travel quotes!
- Five Family Adventurers. A fun family of five that travels the world.
- Traxplorers. Follow this cute family as they journey through our beautiful world.
- Growing Up Two. A very well put together blog with plenty of great visual inspiration. Keep up with this family on their adventures.
- Our Family Passport. The family that travels together stays together. Follow this HUGE family (incl extended family) that shares their fun journey’s with all of us. They write about neat destinations, travel tips and more.
The Rising Stars!
The best of the NEXT. A great list of some up and coming bloggers that are blogging hard and putting out solid travel blog content.
- Kuddel Muddel Travel. Really good photos, neat destinations and a ton of promise. Add the Kuddel Muddel to your travel blog follow list.
- Let’s Go Somewhere Else. Interesting destinations, great photos, and vintage postcards!
- Insatiable Travel. Julie is a solo female traveler helping women find their inner wanderlust. Check out her site for solo female travel tips and adventures (like her visit to the Paradise Cave in Vietnam).
- One Savvy Wanderer. This travel blog is run by a full time working mom with a serious case of wanderlust. Her and her husband (an accountant, so you know you he’s focused on traveling affordably!) share their adventures (like Argentinian Beer!) ) and airfare travel tips. Give ’em a peek!
- A Teaspoon of Adventure. The name reminds me of that great Mary Poppins movie I watched growing up and I love it! I also like their pragmatic view of travel adventure. They note: “This is the travel blog for you if you crave adventure, but you still have to deal with things like your fear of heights, your limited wallet and your job that’s waiting for you on Monday morning.” Totally get it. Like…we have a job and stuff here. Also, we are not bungee jumping. I am so right there with ’em.
- Traveller by Birth. These folks must be my soulmates. Since the day I was born I’ve always felt the need to travel…and these folks have too. Check out Hiral’s great adventures and trips as she vagawanders (vagabonding+wandering) across the world.
- Lena On the Move. Lena is a divemaster! And her blog offers practical travel tips for the budget minded traveler. She also shares some great ideas on, you guessed it, diving!
- Up and Gone. This is a great title for a travel blog – love it! Gabrielle is a writer, photographer and ad-creative who’s caught the travel bug in a bad way. You can read some of her travel tips here.
- Leah Little Travel Fashion. Travel+Fashion = fire. Leah and her husband are mid-westerners who’ve caught the travel bug. She also blogs about fashion (e.g. How to Look Like a Million Bucks for under $100).
- A Trip with a View. Nicole (which, btw, is my favorite girls name of all time…so many girlfriends named Nicole in my past…haha) shares her love of all things travel and chocolate! She also covers and interesting travel blog niche: pet travel!
- Adventures of a Wanderluster. Heather is a Canadian living in London and traveling the world. If you are looking for the best IG Spots in London she’s got you covered.
- Travel in Time Now. A new couples travel blog sharing their travel stories and tips. Keep an eye on ’em.
- The Voyaging Teacher. My mom’s a teacher so this blog had me intrigued. I was not disappointed. It’s a new blog, but plenty of promise!
- Around the World in 18 Years. A *great* name for a family travel blog. I also love how they often write from the perspective of a child which is super creative. They also share great travel tips, including Top 18 Budget Travel Tips.
- The Roaming Nanny. The Roaming Nanny is a well organized, clean and professional looking travel blog. Retha shares destination ides and lifestyle tips.
- The Adventures of a Panda Bear. Besides a really cool name, it was their logo that really struck as SOLID. Seriously – it’s a great logo. The couple behind the Panda Bear also share great destination guides and foodie articles (yum!).
- Poor in a Private Plane. Poor in travel luxury but rich in travel adventure describes Taima’s blog about her journey’s around the world.
- Non Stop Family. Fun new family based blog w/ focus on Kid’s Travel Tips.
- Tia Does Travel. A Greek gal who travels the world – and apparently does a lot of suntanning :-). Give her a look.
- More Passports and Stamps. Ran by fun-lovin Alan who frequents castles and islands. Check out all of this travels and travel advice!
- Where Life is Great. Marta is a turtle lover and compulsive shopper. Check out how she intertwines this with her love of travel.
- Raulerson Girls Travel. A story of an Aunt and her niece and their travels (how fun is that!).
- The World of a Wishful Wanderer. Well organized blog heavy on great pictures. Keep an eye on this blog.
- Rachel’s Ruminations. A US expat living in the Netherlands sharing travel tips on independent travel!
- Wandering Core. Aka Shivani’s travel blog for the part time traveler who has a full time job!
- Amaixico. Follow former flight attendant Luisa as she blogs about the great country of Mexico!
- A World In Reach. Great title for a blog! Follow Sidney who, in what is now her second blog, shares her travel journeys (on a budget).
- Discover World Places. Priscilla is an art therapist (who even knew such a job existed!) with a passion for travel. Follow her journey on her Discover World Places travel blog!
And if you want to be added to the rolls, leave a comment w/ your link (or email me) and I will add you! I only ask you reciprocate w/ a link! Thanks!
You might be interested in the 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets every traveler should know about!
Rules for Being Added to the Best Travel Blogs of 2019
Some quick rules to get added to this great list:
- Be a travel blog (yeah, ok, makes sense)
- Put out great content! To be added to a specific Best of Category, ideally your Domain Authority (DA) should be at least 25 or higher. All others, if picked will be added to the up and comers section.
- Ask! Leave a comment, send an email or hit me up on Twitter.
- Link back to an article or two (or 6…haha) on the CBoardingGroup.com’s blog (you can pick something that fits naturally)
- Link back to this post (there is a badge you can add to your site at the bottom of this post)
- Follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook.
- Share this list with the world via Twitter, Pinterest, or Facebook (or all!)
The Last Bits
Thanks for tuning into the best travel blogs – 2019 edition!
And of course, please check out some of the great content on THIS blog:
- 2018 Holiday Gift Guide for Business Travelers – Find the Best Gifts
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- Top 5 Travel Hacks for the First Time Business Traveler