Advertiser Disclosure: CBoardingGroup has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. CBoardingGroup and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn commissions from other affiliate programs as applicable. See our privacy & disclosure page for more info
Looking for the best travel drone? You’ve come to the right place. Below, you will find the top drones for travel including drone comparisons, where to buy travel drones, reviews of travel drones, travel drone accessories, tips on how to travel with a drone and more. Thanks for visiting!
Note: portions of this article were originally published on our sister site, BestTravelDrone.com.
Summary – Best Travel Drones
For the impatient readers we’ve summarized our findings below and provided more detailed analysis (both in table and narrative format), farther down in this article. But for those looking for quick answers, here’s the tale of the tape:
*Note: GoPro has decided to exit the Drone business, however we have still included it because travelers may be able to find a few good deals – especially if already invested in a HERO6.
The rest of this article examines the use cases for travel drones, how to pick a travel drone as well a summary of key technical specs for the various drones we cover.
Using a Drone for Travel – do I need a travel drone?
Drones have become wildly popular (and more affordable) in recent years. Many travelers have started investing in drone technology to augment and enhance their travel experience.
In fact, drones have become one of the hottest travel accessories to hit the market in recent years. There are a variety of interesting ways that travelers are using drones. For example, travelers are now using drones to:
- Take aerial photographs
- Take aerial videos
- Explore more of your destination
- Improve influencer media posts
- Take group selfies / pictures w/ out needing a photographer
- Follow your adventure “from the sky”
- Film / photograph interesting events while traveling
- And more!
These are just some of the things travelers are using their drones for, and we’ve only just scratched the surface!
Learn how drones are reshaping all parts of society.
But, the question remains, do you really need a travel drone?
If you are still on the fence, here are some questions to ask yourself before sinking several hundred dollars into a high quality travel drone:
- How often will I actually use the drone when on my trip?
- Have I ever flown a drone before?
- Do I have time to practice using my drone before my trip?
- Does the country / location I am visiting allow drones?
These are just some of the questions to consider when determining if a travel drone is the right investment for you.
How to pick the Best Travel Drone
Picking the right drone for your trip is the fun part. But, it also requires some forethought and planning. Some drones can be quite expensive while others can be incredibly cheap (and junky). Getting the right drone for your trip is important. And it should be based on a combination of your needs, budget and experience / aptitude with flying drones.
Several key factors are important to consider when picking a travel drone. Some of these include:
- Ease of Use – how simple is it use?
- Price – self explanatory, but how much does it cost? What can you afford?
- Portability – is it going to be easy to travel with?
- Weight – how much does it weigh?
- Camera strength & quality – how many megapixels does it support? How about the quality of video? If high quality photography (or video) is crucial for you, these features need to take more prominence in your search.
- Drone Accessories – what kinds of accessories will I need to buy?
- Maintenance – What kinds of maintenance will I need to consider (e.g. buying new propellers, cleaning lenses, etc)
- Warranty & Support – what kind of warranty comes with the travel drone? What happens if I damage it? How do I get support?
- Battery life / Flight Time – How long will my drone stay charged? How many batteries will I need to travel with.
- Safety Features – Does it have collision avoidance and/or return home features?
Making an investment in a travel drone is something worth thinking carefully about. Finding the drone that fits your unique travel needs, your individual skill sets, and budget is important.
Comparison Table of Best Travel Drones
To aid our readers we’ve provided a summary table of 4 of the top travel drones, below, with a more detailed investigation of each drone after the table.
To Continue Reading this Article: Click Here to be transferred to BestTravelDrone.com
For more drone related trips & tricks check out these interesting ideas (all links leave site):
- Top 5 Drones on Amazon.com
- What’s the TSA Drone Policy?
- American Airlines Drone Policy – can I take my drone on an American Airlines flight?
- Best Travel Drone – comparison & analysis of the top drones for travelers
- Travel Drone Accessories