With enough time in the air or in hotels, you’re bound to run into some famous or famous-ish people. And while my list is actually pretty short, that’s probably because I am not paying too much attention to that sort of thing and I fly Southwest a lot…not a lot of celebs on Southwest. That said…here’s my list:
- Anthony Bourdain. Flight from LGA to SAN. He got my upgrade…ugh. Seemed like a nice guy.
- Jonathan Davis. Lead Singer of Korn (and his wife who recently died). Kind of a funny story here. I was staying at nicer Hampton Inn near the Brooklyn Bridge. There was some sort of “Free Concert” being setup down the street near the water. The place was a buzz. I didn’t know who was playing there and really wasn’t interested. I had NY Pizza on my mind. Anyway, as I was heading down the elevator it stopped on a floor and a group of “rock and roll” looking people came on. A big party. I didn’t recognize anyone, but they were clearly heading to the show. I asked them if they were heading over and they said yes. They were pretty nice folks. I told them to enjoy the show. When we arrived in the lobby we all exited to a crowd of fans clearly not there to see me. I then realized it was Mr Davis and Korn was playing. I am NOT a fan of Korn at all (although I love rock). My best friend on the other hand is a HUGE fan of Korn. I shared the story w/ him…he was beside himself at the fact I didn’t realize who it was.
- Jimmy Fallon. JFK airport. He realized he’d been recognized and did a 180.
- The Business Manager for Insane Clown Posse. This is under the “famous-ish / weird” category. Sat next to the nicest guy in the world…almost an accountant type guy who did something business related for the weirdest band in the world.
- Steven Tyler. Security line in New Orleans. He’s so tiny and old and was wearing chick jeans.
- Jack White. Delta flight from Nashville to Los Angeles. Same flight as Trace Adkins.
- Trace Adkins. Same flight as Jack White. Sat down next to me at the gate, but he had a cold and looked tired. I left him alone.
- Jamey Johnson – Country Musician. Marine. Flight from LAS to BNA.
- Tom Smith. Author of the Oz Principle book. Not sure if this counts as “famous” but he was a really nice guy. Like really nice.
And now that I see the entire list…I realize that ONLY 1 of them (The Marine!) was on a Southwest flight. They were all Delta. LOL.
Who’ve you met while traveling?
By the way, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might be like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 11 Packing Tips Every Traveler Needs to Know
- Best Gifts for Business Travelers – The 2019 Gift Guide for Road Warriors
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- The 7 Habits of the Healthy Business Traveler: How to Stay Healthy While Traveling for Business