Advertiser Disclosure: CBoardingGroup has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. CBoardingGroup and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn commissions from other affiliate programs as applicable. See our privacy & disclosure page for more info
Floyd Hayes may have pulled of the most epic travel hack of all time when he recently registered beer as an emotional support animal. Beer, if you didn’t know, is comprised of living organisms…
Floyd told the NY Post: “I travel from upstate to Brooklyn a lot and on the bus, they say it’s a federal crime to smoke or have an alcoholic beverage unless by prior written contest, and I always wondered where you get that consent. Not that I’m an alcoholic.”
As first reported by the Ale Street News, Hayes went on the say, “Said Hayes, “I’m not permitted a dog in my building, so I thought an emotional support beer would be more appropriate. It helps alleviate my anxiety and is a cost effective way to manage stress.”
Ok, then….gotta give this guy props for working the system, I guess.
But will this work?? Who knows, but I suspect not.
You can actually view his registration here (search for the code 1085780890).
If you like beer, consider checking out our guide to the Top Breweries in Grand Rapids, Michigan!
For the record
For the record, while we believe some definite improvements are needed to the emotional support animal programs here in the United States, we are fully supportive of the value such animals provider their owners. And while this article is a little funny, we don’t condone this sort of behavior.
Thanks for stopping in today
As always, thanks for popping in. We do a lot of travel here and we love to talk about it with all of you. Your visits give us fuel (and some shekels) to do more travel. So….thanks!!
Don’t forget to follow us on social media including: Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Flipboard and Instagram. Be sure to check out some of our other great travel related content including the following articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 27 Amazing Hotel Pillows – the Best Hotel Pillows You can Buy
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- Is the Bulkhead Seat on a plane any good?
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- Top Travel Pillows – the best travel pillows for 2020
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2020 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- Why Frequent Travelers should buy their Travel Size Toiletries in Bulk!
- 101 Travel Hacks for the Business Traveler – the Best Business Travel Hacks
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2020 Edition
- The Mileage Run – A Frequent Flyer Travel Hack You Need to Know
- Best Travel Drone – compare and contrast the top rated drones for travel
- Anker PowerCore 20100 Review – Should I buy?
- The Dark Side of Travelling for Work
- Beats Solo 3 Wireless Review Are these Beats Travel Headphones worth the money?
- How to get through Airport Security Faster with these practical TSA Tips (Travel Tip Tuesday #29)
- What’s a young driver fee & what’s the best under 25 Car Rental Company?
- Best Packing Cubes you didn’t know you needed
- TSA Drone Policy – do they have one?