Advertiser Disclosure: CBoardingGroup has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. CBoardingGroup and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn commissions from other affiliate programs as applicable. See our privacy & disclosure page for more info
The hoppiest city in America, San Diego, is building a Museum of Beer. A group of locals with museum experience are raising funds to build a new museum focused solely on beer (which sounds exactly like my kind of museum!).
Anthony & Molly Ridenhour, and Michael & Christine Kociela – all of whom are well versed in the museum business have earned the support of local San Diego beer enthusiasts and are currently raising funds on IndieGoGo for their museum of beer.
The Museum of Beer will be located in San Diego’s East Village which is one of the most happening places in San Diego. .
The museum will feature 8 major exhibit areas including places like the Science of Beer, which will be a hands on exhibit where,
“Guests will have the opportunity to see, smell, and touch some of the raw ingredients that go into beer making and will have their first encounters with the sheer variety of hops, grains, and yeasts that are used in brewing. The exhibit will also include demonstrations on how to pour, taste and enjoy San Diego’s world famous craft beers. This highly spirited and educationally driven introduction will give guests the information needed to maximize their journey through the museum.”
Additional exhibits include:
- Beer Universe where visitors can see how beers are categorized and organized (e.g. Lagers, Ales, Pale, etc)
- San Diego’s Brewing History which is storied and lengthy
- Be the Brewer to learn how to brew your own beer
Several other exhibits are also planned that are sure to capture the imagination of visitors. Many of which will be hands on exhibits like the Pour Off area where guests will receive a score based on the quality of their beer pour and compete against others. Fun!!
And local radio station, 91X, a popular alternative rock station, is in on the game too. Apparently the Friday morning show, Beer for Breakfast, will will tape it’s live show from the museum which will provide “a constant flow of quality content streaming from the museum.”
San Diego is already a tourist mecca given it’s beautiful weather, picturesque beaches and numerous activities like Sea World, LegoLand, San Diego Zoo, Petco Park, etc.
You might be interested in The Top 5 Grand Rapids Breweries – the beer scene is strong!
A Museum of Beer, however, is something it didn’t have and should be a popular draw for tourists and other travelers as well as the locals. Here at the CBoardingGroup we can already envision us taking customers, clients and employees here!
For more travel related news, check out our travel news section.
By the way, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- 7 Habits of the Healthy Business Traveler: How to Stay Healthy While Traveling for Business
- 101 Travel Hacks for the Business Traveler – the Best Business Travel Hacks
- 11 Packing Tips for Travel (the best packing tips for air travel)
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- 9 Travel Safety Tips to help you stay safe on your next trip
- The Best Travel Gifts for Her – A Gift Guide for Women Who Love to Travel
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition
- How to get over jet lag while you travel – 11 Jet Lag Tips for every traveler