It’s been a while since many of us have felt that awesome feeling you get when you pull back the covers of your hotel bed and climb into the cool, crisp hotel sheets. A hotel bed seems like a distant memory at this point in time and a distant prospect given the potential future of travel. But, there’s been a burning question that I’ve had and I am sure you’ve had at one time or another: why are hotel bed sheets tucked so tight?
Well, we’ve got the answer for you, and there are several surprising reasons, the first of which has to do with appearance…a tightly folded bed corner (aka hospital corner) makes the bed look nicer. And hotels are in the “experience business!”
That’s why hotel bedding is often very luxurious. We’ve actually built several guides on where to buy hotel bedding including mattresses, sheets, pillows as well as how to make your own personal bed exactly like a hotel bed.
Replicating the hotel bed experience at home actually seems like a pretty good idea right now as a way to help us all remember what is was like before we couldn’t travel anymore…
In this week’s Travel Tip Tuesday post, we’ve found a video that explains why hotel beds sheets are tucked so tight. Enjoy!
Tip of the hat to the Facebook Group Travel Grumps 101 user F. Lovett who posted this video to the group and unintentionally brought it to my attention.
Like many of us, you are probably struggling to find your new normal. Perhaps you’ve done that and are simply bored. We’ve got your back. Here’s a ton of recent content that revolves around what’s facing us today, including working from home ideas, what to watch, things to read, and how to avoid boredom. Enjoy.
- Hilarious Work from Home Memes that 100% accurate
- Best Work from Home Gifts
- The Workation and how to combine a vacation with work
- How to make your own Face Mask
- How to Disinfect your Cell Phone, Laptop, iPad, Spouse, etc (Travel Tip Tuesday #13)
- 11 Ways to Earn Cash from Home
- 17 Tips on Successfully Working from Home
- 7 Work from Home Accessories to Maximize Productivity
- 10 Books that have changed my life (and might change yours)
- 31 Funny Zoom Backgrounds
- How to WFH without losing your mind – WFH self care tips!
- Free Google Meet Backgrounds
- Virtual Meeting Etiquette – you need to read this
- Upgrade a home office for under $50
- Free Microsoft Teams Backgrounds
- How to keep yourself busy at home (31 things to do when you can’t travel)
- Practical advice for leading a team remotely during a crisis
- 5 Virtual Team Building Ideas to keep things light & fun while working remote
- Best Travel Thermometers
- Where to buy Face Masks for Travel
- 7 Creative Ways to Travel When You Can’t Leave Your House
- 47 Best Travel Books of all time, the Ultimate List of Books to Read while Traveling