I live about 45 minutes from Ontario (ONT) airport. As airports go its pretty great really but not in the ways that you might expect.
I mean great in the ways that a regular business traveler cares about. Easy, cheap parking that does not require a shuttle. Typically short security checkpoint lines. Close to home. All of these equal more sleep, more family time and less headache.
The only real downside is flight choices. You are not making a lot direct flights out of ONT and it seems like they can be a tad more expensive. Still, for me, the tradeoffs are 1000% worth it. Besides the people watching here at ONT is always great too. Blue collar demographic of folks that maybe travel once every 5 years.
San Diego (SAN) is my other airport and it’s about an hour and fifteen mins from my house so I avoid it!
What’s your home airport and why?
If you liked this content, please do us a favor share it on social media and click the “like” button below and don’t forget to follow us on social media including Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
And, of course, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice and product reviews, you might like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 17 Travel Mistakes Rookie Business Travelers Make on their Biz Trips
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- Top Travel Pillows – the best travel pillows for 2019
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- Why Frequent Travelers should buy their Travel Size Toiletries in Bulk!
- 101 Travel Hacks for the Business Traveler – the Best Business Travel Hacks
- 11 Packing Tips for Travel (the best packing tips for air travel)
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition
- How to get over jet lag while you travel – 11 Jet Lag Tips for every traveler
- The Mileage Run – A Frequent Flyer Travel Hack You Need to Know
- Best Travel Drone – compare and contrast the top rated drones for travel
- Anker PowerCore 20100 Review – Should I buy?
- 7 Cyber Security Travel Tips: Don’t get hacked on your business trip
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn commissions from other affiliate programs as applicable.