The Ontario International Airport (ONT) was recently in the news for it’s massive year over year passenger growth. The popularity of this Southern California airport only continues to grow as more and more travelers find out about it. We happen to love this airport and consider it our “home” airport – but, it does have a few funny quirks.
Thus, for the next installment in our 10 Funny Things about Airport “X” we are looking at good ole ONT Airport! Enjoy!
The 10 Funny Things About Airport “X” is a new-ish series we’ve started here at the CBoardingGroup.com. We hope you enjoy it. Check out the airports we’ve laughed about so far.
Check out our Airport Codes Article:
10 Funny Things About ONT Airport
Here are the 10 funniest things about my favorite (and home) airport, Ontario:
1. It was recently announced the California’s favorite “alternative airport.” I don’t know why this cracked me up so much, but I think we should apply this moniker to other things to. This is my favorite alternative girlfriend. My favorite alternative job is not working at all.
2. It’s in Ontario. Yeah, not Canada though. People often confuse this airport with Ontario Canada’s airport. I’m like, bro, you know I live in California and we are both in Dallas right now…why would I fly to Canada on my way home!?
3. Did I mention it’s in Ontario. As in Ontario, California…ewww. As in not exactly the nicest part of SOCAL? Think warehouses, trucking, and gangs. But we still like it! I bet it’s nicer in Ontario Canada…
Speaking of funny travel stuff have you check out our hilarious travel memes? Why not?!
4. Lots of movies and TV shows are filmed here. Which basically means that because I spend so much time in this airport anytime it’s shows up in a movie or TV show or commercial I’m like dammit…I know that check in counter. Totally distracting.
5. LAX did it’s best to screw this airport over when they owned it. Not funny, really, because I had no intention of driving to LAX. #Nope. Fortunately, LAX sold it off…and things have started to return to normal now that LAX is not asphyxiating it!
6. It’s clientele is often…well…how do I put this delicately…”blue collar?” This has to do with proximity to the Inland Empire (a hot bed for the non Orange County fellers…of which I am one). These are my peeps, but they are little funny sometimes. In other words, I see a lot of travelers rocking the cut off tank top travel outfit. Hey, suns out guns out, right? Just leave the crack pipe in the car please. TSA frowns on that.
7. I once saw a lady walking her dog in the ONT airport while it crapped she looked at it…and kept walking. Yup. The lady saw, acknowledged and ignored the fact her dog was crapping (in motion) as she strolled leisurely through the airport to grab some beef jerky. #StayClassy
Well, hey there! We do have a Terminal 1. It's the original Airport terminal and the one you see in most movies filmed at ONT. 😅 You're right about the non-existent Terminal 3 though. Thanks for the list. #FlyONT
— HomeONT (@flyONT) August 15, 2019
8. There’s a Terminal 1 (where the movies are filmed – see their clarification to my original mistake, above) a Terminal 2 and Terminal 4…but sadly, no Terminal 3. Did the aliens take ’em? I suspect that it’s just really good (and long distance) planning on their part because it does look like you could squeeze a terminal 1 and 3 in there at some future date. But it is a little odd to not even at least have a Terminal 1.
9. Shh…don’t tell anyone, but the “off site” parking is ridiculously cheap for airport parking…and you can still walk to the Southwest Terminal. I am amazed that the remote parking lot is so cheap (like $13.00/day) and it’s walking distance from the Southwest Terminal. I keep waiting for them to raise it by 10 bux.
PS…if you are looking for more details on parking at Ontario Airport check out my ONT Parking Guide.
10. It’s a bit tired and needs a remodel. It’s an older airport that is showing it’s age. Some of that is because of the game LAX was playing with it, but it definitely needs a face lift. Speaking of face lifts and remodels, the down escalator in Terminal 4 has been inoperable for literally like 9 months or something. I fly out of ONT several times a month and it’s still broke…which causes a jam up at the elevator (or for me, I get some exercise by walking down the stairs).
Final Thoughts (and laughs) about the ONT Airport
Do me a favor and don’t fly out of ONT. I want to keep it my little secret. Go ahead and make that trek to LAX and I will enjoy the shorter lines, and easier airport access! 🙂
For more information on this great airport (despite the fun we’ve had today), visit FlyOntario.com
If you liked this content, please do us a favor share it on social media and click the “like” button below and don’t forget to follow us on social media including Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
And, of course, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- Product Review: OGIO Metro Backpack, The Business Traveler’s Backpack
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 101 Travel Hacks for the Business Traveler – the Best Business Travel Hacks
- 11 Packing Tips for Travel (the best packing tips for air travel)
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- 9 Travel Safety Tips to help you stay safe on your next trip
- The Best Travel Gifts for Her – A Gift Guide for Women Who Love to Travel
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition
- How to get over jet lag while you travel – 11 Jet Lag Tips for every traveler
- The Mileage Run – A Frequent Flyer Travel Hack You Need to Know