Amazon tells me I’ve purchased these shoes 8 times which is not surprising because they are truly the best dress shoes I’ve ever owned and certainly the best dress shoes for travel I’ve owned. In this Rockport Men’s Style Leader 2 Shoe Review I cover the ins and outs of this highly comfortable, useful and relatively affordable travel dress shoes.
I have large wide feet (13EE). I am about 6’1″ (sneaking up on six two…), 43 years old and I have the darndest time finding shoes in general, let along dress shoes, let alone dress shoes I can travel it.
It’s pretty much a terrible experience. Ordering shoes online has typically been an adventure too. Buy shoe, doesn’t fit, return. Buy shoe, doesn’t fit, return. Ugh! Some of you know the struggle.
Check out the entire Rockport Shoe Black Friday Sale Here (be sure to use the code THANKFUL at checkout to get 30%-40% off)
Often I would have to go into a shoe store and pay what felt like more money than I needed to in order to find the right shoes.
Worth noting that I also travel like crazy for work. I am in airplanes, hotels, rental cars, taxi cabs and more almost every week. Consequently my shoes take a beating. Additionally, since I am a HUGE proponent of packing light I like to wear a single pair of shoes the entire week and thus need something that’s generic enough to go with various outfits and nice enough to look decent in front of customers.
I accidentally discovered the Rockport Men’s Style Leader 2 Shoe and when it fit I immediately ordered two more pairs (one extra black and a tan).
In fact, I go through a pair a year (and I wear them hard), but since I am terrified that Rockport will quit making them I often order one or two at a time.
Ok, that’s enough about me and why / how I found these shoes. Let’s get into the Rockport Men’s Style Leader 2 Apron Toe Oxford Shoe Review.
Rockport Men’s Style Leader 2 Shoe Review
In the next few sections I share some additional details about these great men’s travel dress shoes including their specifications and a buying recommendation.
Rockport Men’s Style Leader 2 Apron Toe Oxford Shoe Specs
Here are the Rockport Men’s Style Leader 2 Apron Toe Oxford specifications.
- Colors: 3 (Black, Truffle Tan, Tan)
- Men’s 5 through 17 (normal, wide and extra wide)
- Material: Leather
- Toe: Apron (aka Square)
- Special Features (from the mfr website):
- Sponge EVA footbed conforms to the shape of the foot for a personalized fit
- DEWIX linings help reduce foot odor and wick moisture to help keep the foot dry
- Full-grain leather is easy to clean and maintain to extend your shoes’ life
- truTECHÂ® sport technology helps provide shock-absorbing heel cushioning
- Fit: Rockport claims that 85% of people fit into this perfectly
My experiences with the Rockport Men’s Style Leader 2 Apron Toe Oxford Shoe
As noted earlier, it is hard to find dress shoes that fit and that are suitable for travel. The Rockford Style Leader 2 shoes fit that bill by 300%. I literally cannot recommend them enough.
I actually own both the black pair (pictured above) and regular tan, pictured below, which is slightly different than the truffle tan included earlier in this post.
One additional factor I like about these shoes is that I can easily take the stock insole out and replace it with my preferred orthotics from Archmolds (which are great, btw).
Yeah…get ’em. Especially if you have trouble finding BIG and WIDE shoes.
Thanks for reading our Brion Mens Pant Review
If you liked this content, please do us a favor share it on social media and click the “like” button below and don’t forget to follow us on social media including Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
And, of course, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice and product reviews, you might like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips â the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 27 Amazing Hotel Pillows â the Best Hotel Pillows You can Buy
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- Top Travel Pillows â the best travel pillows for 2019
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 11 Best Hotel Beds â Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- Why Frequent Travelers should buy their Travel Size Toiletries in Bulk!
- 101 Travel Hacks for the Business Traveler â the Best Business Travel Hacks
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition
- The Mileage Run â A Frequent Flyer Travel Hack You Need to Know
- Best Travel Drone – compare and contrast the top rated drones for travel
- Anker PowerCore 20100 Review â Should I buy?
- TSA Food Rules â can you take food on a plane in hand luggage?
- Beats Solo 3 Wireless Review Are these Beats Travel Headphones worth the money?
- How to get through Airport Security Faster with these practical TSA Tips (Travel Tip Tuesday #29)
- The Top 5 Grand Rapids Breweries â the beer scene is strong!
- Whatâs a young driver feeÂ & whatâs the best under 25 Car Rental Company?
- Best Packing Cubes you didn’t know you needed
- TSA Drone Policy – do they have one?
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn commissions from other affiliate programs as applicable.