Advertiser Disclosure: CBoardingGroup has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. CBoardingGroup and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Our Travel Tip Tuesday tip of the week comes by inspiration from Johnny Jet, the prodigious travel blogger, who reminded me of a similar trick I’ve used when traveling and in a desperate need of a collar stay.
Each Tuesday we share a unique or interesting travel tidbit so be sure to read all of the preceding Travel Tip Tuesday’s here
Travel Tip Tuesday #43 – Emergency Collar Stays while Traveling
As I mentioned in the opening, this week’s Travel Tip is inspired by Johnny Jet who shared a tip one of his reader’s recently used when he was missing a collar stay for his shirt.
Life hack… when I donât have a collar stay.. I break and use a q tip. (goofy look, comes naturally) pic.twitter.com/ls2qJS3FWd
— kendis (@kendisgibson) September 14, 2019
AsÂ you can see, the reader used a broken q-tip as an emergency collar stay. Pretty nifty.
I’ve never done that, but it reminded me of some of the tips I’ve used over the years when missing a collar stay or when one might be broken. I have fashioned my own collar stays from various materials before including scissors and cutting up a business card or using the cardboard back of a hotel notepad.
I’ve even tried (unsuccessfully) to use a metal hanger that I’d brought my dry cleaning on…yeah that was dumb.
What I now do is buy a bulk order of collar stays and then throw a few spares in my backpack in case I need them in a pinch. The MacGuyver method is more fun…but not nearly as professional.
Christmas is just around the corner…we’ve got you covered in our 2019 Holiday Gift Guide for Travelers….you are welcome.
Thanks for reading this week
We are grateful for your visits each and every week. So, once again, thanks for stopping in! By the way, we’d really love it if you’d follow us on social media including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Or, join the conversation and leave us a comment below, too. We love comments.
For readers interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might be like these great articles:
- 23 Jobs with Travel â the ultimate list of travel jobs (that will take you around the world)
- 47 Best Travel Books of all Time â the Ultimate List of Books to Read while Traveling
- Best Packing Cubes â find the top packing cubes for 2019 that everyone is buying!
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- Product Review WizGear Universal Air Vent Mount (Best Phone Mount for Travel)
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 10 Practical Tips to Survive the Airplane Middle Seat
- Travel Memes – a funny look at life on the road
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition
- Checked baggage vs carry on â whatâs actually best?
- The Best (and most essential) Travel Workout Gear for the Frequent Traveler
- Can I Bring a Razor in my Carry On? Checked luggage?
- Can you bring deodorant on a plane?
- Best Travel Drones â Comparison & Analysis
- Alaska Airlines Drone Policy â just the facts please
- Southwest Airlines Drone Policy â does Southwest Airlines Luv your drone?