It’s Travel Tip Tuesday, readers! This is the 5th post in our series! In this week’s Travel Tip Tuesday post we are talking food. Specifically, local food.
As our readers know, ourÂ new “Travel Tip Tuesday” series publishes one interesting (and often funny) travel tip. Here’s what we’ve covered so far:
- Travel Tip Tuesday #1: Donâ€™t Leave your toothbrush in the hotel room
- Travel Tip Tuesday #2: Always Be Charging
- Travel Tip Tuesday #3: Up Your Headphone Game
- Travel Tip Tuesday #4: Middle Seat Always Gets the Armrest!
Travel Tip Tuesday: Eat Local & Skip that Nasty Chili’s!
IÂ love my baby back, baby, back, I love my baby back…
Now that we’ve got that song stuck in your head! 🙂
Whenever possible, skip the big food chains and eat local. There are several reasons why eating local while traveling is a great idea:
- Supports the local small business. Small businesses are the backbone of our economy. Why give your shekels to some corporate behemoth when you can give it to Evan and Sarah who are the owners of that local hipster taco truck. Supporting that local business could mean the world to them. Your 14.00 dinner will likely go a lot farther for them than it will for the folks over at Outback Steakhouse.
- You might get a more unique experience. I am pretty sure that every Chili’s looks the same and I suppose there’s a sense of safety in that. You KNOW what you are getting yourself into. But where’s the fun in that? You haven’t lived until you got a batch of food poisoning from that sketchy Somali BBQ joint that had a B rating in the window. Go for it! Your experience will likely be unique. Perhaps even memorable. Better yet…even fun.
- The food could be better. Who knows, the food could be better. I mean a piece of pecan pie made by Erma using her secret recipe passed down from generation to generation is going to be pretty good and definitely better than a piece of pie from Black Angus.
So, when traveling for work or even traveling for pleasure, try to eat local whenever you can. Skip those big chains. They will be alright.
Until our Next Travel Tip Tuesday…
We hope you are enjoying our new Travel Tip Tuesday series. The response from our readers has been through the moon! So, stay tuned (hopefully each week) for a new travel tip each Tuesday and don’t forget to follow us on social media including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
By the way, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might be like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips â€“ the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- Best Gifts for Business Travelers â€“ The 2019 Gift Guide for Road Warriors
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks â€“ eat smarter on the road
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 11 Best Hotel Beds â€“ Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- The 7 Habits of the Healthy Business Traveler: How to Stay Healthy While Traveling for Business
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn commissions from other affiliate programs as applicable.