Advertiser Disclosure: CBoardingGroup has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. CBoardingGroup and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn commissions from other affiliate programs as applicable. See our privacy & disclosure page for more info
In a new TSA report chronicling traveler statistics for the 2019 Spring Break season, the Transportation Security Administration notes that 92.4% of all travelers wait less than five minutes in security lines.
The TSA further notes that 97.2% of travelers waited less than 20 minutes in security lines.
The astonishingly low wait times are despite increased traveler volume in 2019. The same report highlights record setting travel numbers with 108 million passengers going through TSA checkpoints. The 108m travelers represents a nearly 5% increase compared to the same time period in 2018.
TSA also noted that 63 million checked bags were screened (which is interesting in and of itself that so many people are still checking bags…).
During the spring break period the TSA noted the busiest airports were: LAX, JFK and ORD.
The busiest airport, LAX, recorded 5.3 million travelers during the 2-week spring break period in 2019 with JFK and ORD reporting 4.2m and 3.9m, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 busiest spring break airports was DEN which reported 2.9 million passengers this year.
Acting Deputy TSA Administrator Patricia Cogswell noted:
“During the 2019 spring break travel period, the dedication and professionalism of our TSA officers and the commitment of our security partners were on full display. The fact that we continue to break records is a testament to the strength of the aviation industry and our continued and collaborative pursuit of improving security and the overall travel experience.”
Here is a link to the full TSA report.
For more travel related news, check out our travel news section.
If you liked this content, please do us a favor share it on social media and click the “like” button below and don’t forget to follow us on social media including Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
And, of course, if you are interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- Top Travel Pillows – the best travel pillows for 2019
- What’s a young driver fee & what’s the best under 25 Car Rental Company?
- Product Review: OGIO Metro Backpack, The Business Traveler’s Backpack
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 101 Travel Hacks for the Business Traveler – the Best Business Travel Hacks
- 11 Packing Tips for Travel (the best packing tips for air travel)
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition
- How to get over jet lag while you travel – 11 Jet Lag Tips for every traveler
- The Mileage Run – A Frequent Flyer Travel Hack You Need to Know
- Best Travel Drone – compare and contrast the top rated drones for travel
- Anker PowerCore 20100 Review – Should I buy?