The bustling yet still somehow laid-back city of Nashville remains a popular vacation destination for millions of visitors each year. Its rocking music scene, moderate climate and tasty food choices make this hip town worthy of adding to your bucket list. Here are 3 unique things to do in Nashville Tennessee.
Unique Things to do in Nashville Tennessee
Music City, aka Nashville, is one of the hottest places to visit in the South. Popular attractions include Opry Land, a variety of live music venues, great whiskey, good eats and so much more. In fact, for Nashville visitors looking to go beyond the norm, we’ve got you covered. Here are 3 unique things to do in Nashville, TN.
Catch some live music at the Bluebird Cafe
For a more authentic and personal music experience, the Bluebird Cafe is legendary for its great music acts. The 90-seat club hidden in an unpretentious strip mall is where Taylor Swift was discovered. The Bluebird regularly hosts established stars and new up-and-comers almost every night of the week. Located south of Nashville (and not in the downtown area) it’s hard to get a seat at this historic club, but well worth the visit!
Barhopping on Broadway Street
Arguably the most prominent destination for Nashville visitors, Broadway Street is probably why Nashville is sometimes referred to as Nashvegas. Despite its popularity, the street remains worth the visit. Hop from bar to bar mixing in some two-stepping, boozing and of course, the legendary great country music the city is known for. Who knows, you may see someone famous.
Visit Marathon Village (and the American Pickers Store)
The American Pickers show (History Channel) has created scores of wannabe pickers and even more fans. Come visit their Nashville store and some picking of your own. The store is situation in the old Marathon Autos building and is but one shop among many great places to shop, eat, browse and more. Definitely worth a stop.
Got to scope out the American Pickers nashville store! So neat! pic.twitter.com/IvIWMVlI— LaLaLauren (@LaLaLauren1011) February 15, 2013
Additional Fun Things to do in Nashville
If the above list doesn’t tickle your fancy, here are several additional fun things to do in Nashville.
- Grand Ole Opry. The historic Opry is a must-see place on any Nashville trip. Be sure to get a tour in addition to seeing a great musical act. Tickets can be hard to get at times so book early. Book your tickets here.
- Dinner & a show on the General Jackson Riverboat. We’ve done this and it’s a blast. A fancy dinner to a musical themed performance plus a trip down the historic Cumberland River is a fun thing to do on your Nashville trip. Book your tickets here.
- Country Music Hall of Fame. As the home of country music, this museum is well worth your time. Plan for about 3 hours to get the most out of your visit. Book your tickets here.
- Jack Daniels Distillery Tour. Located an easy hour-ish south of Nashville the famous Whiskey distillery sits in a dry county, oddly, but is is a blast to visit. Book a bus ride to the distillery here.
- See more things to do in Nashville – but at night – here!
- Eat at the Soy Bistro in Brentwood – we love, love, love this place. Amazing food, great owner. So good.
Visiting Nashville – final thoughts
The city of Nashville remains a popular destination for millions of visitors each year. With its wide variety of activities, mostly pleasant temperatures and popular music scene, Nashville is a must-visit location. What’s your favorite thing to do in Nashville? Drop us a comment below and share your experience.
- For more ideas on what to do in Nashville check out our piece Nashville at Night!
Be sure to check out all the great destinations in our “Unique Things to Do” Series and take a step out of the ordinary on your next trip.
- Unique Things to do in St George, UT
- Unique Things to do in Grand Rapids, MI
- Unique Things to do in Midway, UT
- Unique Things to do in Key West, FL
- Unique Things to do in New York City
- Unique Things to do in Nashville
- Unique Things to do in Youngstown, OH
- Unique Things to do in Merida, Mexico
- Unique Things to do in Cedar City, UT
- Unique Things to do in Bloomington, IN
- Unique Things to do in Las Vegas, NV
- Unique Things to do in Eugene, OR
- Unique Things to in Cancun, Mexico