In our final Travel Tip Tuesday of the month we are bringing a healthy travel tip that has to do with mental and emotional health and specifically the value of staying connected while you travel for work.
We’ve been focusing on healthy travel tips this month! For the entire month of May we have been providing healthy travel tips in our weekly Travel Tip Tuesday series! This is our last one (sad face!). So far, we have touched on the importance of working out – and specifically, working out before dinner and The Importance of Staying Hydrated while traveling and last week we highlighted the principle of Something is Better Than Nothing!
You can read all of the preceding Travel Tip Tuesday’s here.
Stay Connected to your loved one while you travel!
Regular travel can suck the life out of you. Sleepless nights, jetlag and always having to be “up” for your customers or colleagues is draining. And, being away from loved ones can put you over the top in terms of being depressed or discouraged while traveling.
That’s why it’s so important to stay connected to those loved ones while you travel. There are a variety of ways you can accomplish this goal:
- Facetime / Skype. Video tech is amazing. The ability to see your loved one is an opportunity not to be missed. Use it!
- Texting. I love to text my kids throughout my trips. I send my 7 year old cute GIFS, and my older kids things to let them know I care for them. I also text my wife and check in on her too.
- Phone calls. Plain old phone calls work great too.
- Letters. My wife will occasionally leave me a note or two in my suitcase when I leave. It always surprises me. I will write a note on the mirror before I leave sometimes too. My daughter will draw me pictures that I hang up or spread out in the hotel room. It keeps me connected.
A pro tip frequent travelers can use is to make sure you are HOME when you are HOME. It’s tempting to keep your work phone in your hand and keep on working through the down time. And there are times when that’s ok (it’s your job), BUT BUT BUT….that should be the exception. Spend time with your family when you are home. Love on them. Be with them. Store up some house credit if you will for your next trip and make your time count while you are there.
Frequent travel can be a thankless endeavor, but if you employ our last healthy travel tip this month and stay connected to your loved ones you can keep your mental and emotional health in tip top shape.
Some Amazing Healthy Travel Gear on Amazon!
Check out all of our Healthy Travel Tips and Articles
Since you stopped in, I’d encourage you check out these other articles we’ve written about healthy travel:
- 7 Habits of the Healthy Business Traveler: How to Stay Healthy While Traveling for Business
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- How to get over jet lag while you travel – 11 Jet Lag Tips for every traveler
- Travel Tip Tuesday #16: Always Workout Before Dinner (Healthy Travel Tips)
- Travel Tip Tuesday #17: The Importance of Staying Hydrated while traveling (Healthy Travel Tips)
- Travel Tip Tuesday #18: Something is Better Than Nothing!
Thanks for tuning in to Travel Tip Tuesday again
Thanks for tuning in this week! Please check back each Tuesday for a new travel tip. This month we focused on Healthy Travel Tips. Next month it’s all about Hotels! Tune in!
For readers interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might be like these great articles:
- 21 Father’s Day Gifts for Dads That Travel For Work
- Top Travel Pillows – the best travel pillows for 2019
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- 101 Travel Hacks for the Business Traveler – the Best Business Travel Hacks
- 11 Packing Tips for Travel (the best packing tips for air travel)
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- 9 Travel Safety Tips to help you stay safe on your next trip
- The Best Travel Gifts for Her – A Gift Guide for Women Who Love to Travel
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition