Advertiser Disclosure: CBoardingGroup has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. CBoardingGroup and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn commissions from other affiliate programs as applicable. See our privacy & disclosure page for more info
We humans have a tendency to beat ourselves up – mentally and emotionally, I mean and especially when it comes to staying healthy while traveling. This week’s Travel Tip Tuesday tip is all about the small wins (and not getting too down on yourself).
Did you know we are focusing on healthy travel tips this month? Yep. For the entire month of May we are providing healthy travel tips in our weekly Travel Tip Tuesday series! So far, we have touched on the importance of working out – and specifically, working out before dinnerÂ and The Importance of Staying Hydrated while traveling!
You can read all of the preceding Travel Tip Tuesday’s here.
It doesn’t have to be perfect every time
When traveling, sometimes all you can get in is a few calisthenics before you have to get to that customer breakfast meeting or your next flight.Â Thatâs ok.
Something is better than nothing.
Even if itâs just a few push ups, or 10 minutes on the elliptical instead of your normal 20, itâs something. And something is better than nothing!
Sometimes all I can get in is a few stretches in the morning, a few push ups in the evening and maybe some yoga and thatâs it. But I know I at least didÂ something. I will strive harder the next day, but at least I did something, today!
I donât beat myself up over it. The key is to make sure you get something! Of course, don’t get complacent because that can be a slippery slope. Continue to make time to stay healthy. To exercise. To eat right.
But also, recognize that sometimes you can’t get in a 45 minute run and maybe 10 minutes on the hotel treadmill is going to have to be ok.
Check out all of our Healthy Travel Tips and Articles
Since you stopped in, I’d encourage you check out these other articles we’ve written about healthy travel:
- 7 Habits of the Healthy Business Traveler: How to Stay Healthy While Traveling for Business
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks â eat smarter on the road
- How to get over jet lag while you travel â 11 Jet Lag Tips for every traveler
- Travel Tip Tuesday #16: Always Workout Before Dinner (Healthy Travel Tips)
- Travel Tip Tuesday #17: The Importance of Staying Hydrated while traveling (Healthy Travel Tips)
Thanks for tuning in to Travel Tip Tuesday again
Thanks for tuning in this week! Please check back each Tuesday for a new travel tip. As noted in the intro we are focusing heavily on healthy travel this month.
For readers interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might be like these great articles:
- Gifts for Traveling Moms â Motherâs Day Gift Guide 2019
- Top Travel Pillows â the best travel pillows for 2019
- 147 Business Travel Tips â the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 11 Best Hotel Beds â Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- 101 Travel Hacks for the Business Traveler â the Best Business Travel Hacks
- 11 Packing Tips for Travel (the best packing tips for air travel)
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- 9 Travel Safety Tips to help you stay safe on your next trip
- The Best Travel Gifts for Her â A Gift Guide for Women Who Love to Travel
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition