This week’s Travel Tip Tuesday is a simple one and it has to do with waking up on time while traveling for work. Always set two alarms to make sure you don’t oversleep. Read why, below.
Usually we focus in on a specific travel topic for our weekly Travel Tip Tuesday posts. However, for theÂ month of October we are winging it! Anything goes! Each Tuesday we will do a deep dive into something travel related but unlike most months we could land anywhere…be sure toÂ read all of the preceding Travel Tip Tuesday’s here.Â
Travel Tip Tuesday #38 – TBD
Often when traveling for work we find ourselves in different time zones. We are also jet lagged in many cases and our sleep schedules can be a little screwy too.
In other words, we are often tired. Very tired.
This is why this simple trick I’ve used for years has helped ensure I don’t wake up late on my trip. I always set two alarms on two different devices.
Since I travel with two cell phones this is easy to do. But, if you have an iPad and a phone you can still do the same thing.
I also set the alarm on each phone at a different time. For example, if the time I need to get up is 5:30 I will set one alarm for 5:30 and maybe set the other for 5:40. This gives me a little buffer on a different device in the event I am hitting snooze a few times (been known to happen…).
If you want you can use the hotel wake up call service or the in-room hotel to help too, but I’ve come to NOT rely on those options every. Too risky…
Thanks for reading this week
We are grateful for your visits each and every week. So, once again, thanks for stopping in! By the way, we’d really love it if you’d follow us on social media including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Or, join the conversation and leave us a comment below, too. We love comments.
Christmas is just around the corner…we’ve got you covered in our 2019 Holiday Gift Guide for Travelers….you are welcome.
For readers interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might be like these great articles:
- 23 Jobs with Travel â€“ the ultimate list of travel jobs (that will take you around the world)
- 47 Best Travel Books of all Time â€“ the Ultimate List of Books to Read while Traveling
- Best Packing Cubes â€“ find the top packing cubes for 2019 that everyone is buying!
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- Product Review WizGear Universal Air Vent Mount (Best Phone Mount for Travel)
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 10 Practical Tips to Survive the Airplane Middle Seat
- Travel Memes – a funny look at life on the road
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition
- Checked baggage vs carry on â€“ whatâ€™s actually best?
- The Best (and most essential) Travel Workout Gear for the Frequent Traveler
- Can I Bring a Razor in my Carry On? Checked luggage?
- Can you bring deodorant on a plane?
- Best Travel Drones â€“ Comparison & Analysis
- Alaska Airlines Drone Policy â€“ just the facts please
- Southwest Airlines Drone Policy â€“ does Southwest Airlines Luv your drone?
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn commissions from other affiliate programs as applicable.