Our travel tip of the week has to do with sleep. That precious beautiful thing we never seem to get enough. On this Travel Tip Tuesday we are suggesting you bring the ear plugs (but ditch the eye mask).
Usually we focus in on a specific travel topic for our weekly Travel Tip Tuesday posts. However, for theÃÂ month of October we are winging it! Anything goes! Each Tuesday we will do a deep dive into something travel related but unlike most months we could land anywhere…be sure toÃÂ read all of the preceding Travel Tip Tuesday’s here.ÃÂ
Travel Tip Tuesday #39 – Ear Plugs Good; Eye Mask Bad.
Planes, trains and automobiles. Funny movie, for sure. But, they also represent the various noises that keep you from sleeping. Maybe it’s snoring, or ice machines, or elevators, or endless lovemaking in the room next door. Whatever it is…it’s noise.
And it’s keeping you from your beauty sleep.
A trick I learned years ago was to always carry a set of earplugs with me when I travel. It’s hard enough to sleep when dealing with a bit of jet lag, but add a noisy elevator next to your hotel room? Forget about it.
With earplugs you can drown out the sound of almost anything and blissfully sleep the night away. Take a look at the Mack’s Ear Plugs above and buy them in bulk.
Pro tip: remember you DO need to hear your alarm so maybe set a couple of alarms and a wakeup call!
The second part of this week’s Travel Tip Tuesday post deals with light. Light can be the enemy of sleep too. And one possible way to deal with it is use an eye mask.
However…I recommend ditching the eye mask and sucking it up. Why, you ask? Because you look like a douche-canoe when you wear an eye mask. 🙂
Yup, I said it. You look silly.
In all seriousness (and by now I hope my readers have caught on to the tongue that is firmly in my cheek), if you really want to use the eye mask go for it. It CAN be an effective way at getting rid of light so you can catch a few zzzzzzz’sssss.
Here’s a few options:
Thanks for reading this week
As always, we are so grateful for your visits each and every week. Tanks for stopping in! And, if you are still feeling generous, we’d really love it if you’d follow us on social media including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Or, join the conversation and leave us a comment below, too. We love comments.
Christmas is just around the corner…we’ve got you covered in our 2019 Holiday Gift Guide for Travelers….you are welcome.
For readers interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might be like these great articles:
- 23 Jobs with Travel Ã¢â¬â the ultimate list of travel jobs (that will take you around the world)
- 47 Best Travel Books of all Time Ã¢â¬â the Ultimate List of Books to Read while Traveling
- Best Packing Cubes Ã¢â¬â find the top packing cubes for 2019 that everyone is buying!
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- Product Review WizGear Universal Air Vent Mount (Best Phone Mount for Travel)
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 10 Practical Tips to Survive the Airplane Middle Seat
- Travel Memes – a funny look at life on the road
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition
- Checked baggage vs carry on Ã¢â¬â whatÃ¢â¬â¢s actually best?
- The Best (and most essential) Travel Workout Gear for the Frequent Traveler
- Can I Bring a Razor in my Carry On? Checked luggage?
- Can you bring deodorant on a plane?
- Best Travel Drones Ã¢â¬â Comparison & Analysis
- Alaska Airlines Drone Policy Ã¢â¬â just the facts please
- Southwest Airlines Drone Policy Ã¢â¬â does Southwest Airlines Luv your drone?
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn commissions from other affiliate programs as applicable.