Advertiser Disclosure: CBoardingGroup has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. CBoardingGroup and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
If you are looking for creative ways to earn a few more more United miles renting cars via Hertz could be a creative way to snag a few more. In this post we share a simple, but effective, tip on how to score some additional United miles via the Hertz-United partnership.
Each Tuesday we share a unique or interesting travel tidbit so be sure to read all of the preceding Travel Tip Tuesday’s here. In the month of December we are focusing on points & miles. Last week’s post highlighted some practical steps to accomplish a mileage run – be sure to check it out
Travel Tip Tuesday #46 – Hertz United Miles Offer
We are planning a London trip for 1Q 2020 and as such have been targeting schemes that will earn us additional United miles (and Hilton points). Historically, I’ve NOT flown United but my new company is a United-heavy firm so I’ve been in the process of making the switch over this year.
As a result, the miles program we are looking to use to get us to London is United. What cinched the deal on this was that my company is actually going to fly me to London for business and then I am just going to stay another week on some Bleisure and have the family join me. Pretty sweet.
However, I still need to snag those United Miles so I’ve been on the prowl for new ways to earn United Miles.
One interesting offer comes via the United Hertz partnership. Here’s the highlights:
- Save on the base rates
- Earn up to 1,250 MileagePlus award miles
- Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com through April 30, 2020
- Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotion Code (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer
Unfortunately, I can’t take advantage of this offer because I don’t rent from Hertz (yes…sadly I am stuck with Avis as my company rental platform and while I could do a personal rental from Hertz I have no current need to do so). Hopefully some of you readers can take advantage of this offer.
Check out our Christmas Guide
Christmas is just around the corner…we’ve got you covered in our 2019 Holiday Gift Guide for Travelers….you are welcome.
Thanks for reading this week – please stop in next week too
We are always grateful for your visits each and every week. So, once again, thanks for stopping in! By the way, we’d really love it if you’d follow us on social media including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Or, join the conversation and leave us a comment below, too. We love comments.
For readers interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might be like these great articles:
- 23 Jobs with Travel – the ultimate list of travel jobs (that will take you around the world)
- 47 Best Travel Books of all Time – the Ultimate List of Books to Read while Traveling
- Best Packing Cubes – find the top packing cubes for 2019 that everyone is buying!
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- Product Review WizGear Universal Air Vent Mount (Best Phone Mount for Travel)
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 10 Practical Tips to Survive the Airplane Middle Seat
- Travel Memes – a funny look at life on the road
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition
- Checked baggage vs carry on – what’s actually best?
- The Best (and most essential) Travel Workout Gear for the Frequent Traveler
- Can I Bring a Razor in my Carry On? Checked luggage?
- Can you bring deodorant on a plane?
- Best Travel Drones – Comparison & Analysis
- Alaska Airlines Drone Policy – just the facts please
- Southwest Airlines Drone Policy – does Southwest Airlines Luv your drone?