As y’all know we are focusing on travel gear for our Travel Tip Tuesday posts this month. And in our last post this month we are talking about sleeping on a plane and the gear that helps you do just that – specifically a travel pillow.
By the way, here’s a quick summary of all the travel gear posts from this month’s travel tip Tuesday:
- Travel Tip Tuesday #7: Get an AC Mounted Magnetic Cell Phone Holder for your Rental Car
- What is the best business travel backpack? (Travel Tip Tuesday #8:)
- Travel Tip Tuesday #9: Crappy Luggage Gets you Crappy Results
And you can read all of the preceding Travel Tip Tuesday’s here.
Travel Tip Tuesday: Sleeping on a Plane is Hard – a travel pillow can help
For many people, myself included, it’s incredibly difficult to sleep on a plane. I am a tall person and it’s hard to get truly comfortable on a plane – comfortable enough to sleep? Not likely.
In most cases the best I can muster is the takeoff nap (which you can read more about here: The Takeoff Nap – my favorite business travel hack ).
That said, on occasion I can sleep for a bit, but still struggle with finding a comfortable spot to put my head while trying to sleep upright. Here’s where having a good quality travel pillow can be helpful.
The Trtl Travel Pillow is a unique pillow in that it specifically attempts to solve one of the biggest challenges to sleeping on planes: what to do with your head! Aka…the nodding head syndrome.
With the Trtl Travel Pillow you keep your head upright by supporting it on the frame of the pillow – which wears like a scarf (see pic below).
Disclosure: After seeing someone else using a Trtl on a plane, we actually reached out to Trtl and asked for a Trtl Pillow Plus so that we could review it. Trtl was gracious enough to provide us one, gratis. However, no guarantee on the nature of the review as asked for, offered or committed to and our review (which you can read here) was unbiased. As always, we call ’em like we see em.
The Trtl Travel Pillow is fairly affordable and might just be the travel pillow you need to round out your travel gear collection and more importantly get some sleep!
Disclosure: After seeing this travel pillow on an airplane, we actually reached out to Trtl and asked for a Trtl Pillow Plus so that we could review it. Trtl was gracious enough to provide us one, gratis. However, no guarantee on the nature of the review as asked for, offered or committed to. Our formal review is published here.
Other Travel Gear that might help you sleep while traveling
Speaking of travel gear, here are a few other interesting products that might be worth adding to your “sleep kit.”
This travel blanket is small (but not too small – 55in x 55in), comfortable and easily packed and repacked. Airlines don’t provide blankets very often anymore and this great product is the perfect accessory for that long flight.
If you need lumbar support this product could be a game changer for you. It might also help you sleep – helping get your body into a better position for sleep.
PS…you might be interested in How to get over jet lag while you travel – 11 Jet Lag Tips for every traveler
Thus concludes are Travel Gear focus…
This is our last travel gear related Travel Tip Tuesday post for the month. I hope you’ve enjoyed them so far! Next month is going to be all about rental car tips! Stay tuned.
Stay tuned (hopefully each week) for a new travel tip each Tuesday and don’t forget to follow us on social media including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Join the conversation and leave us a comment below, too. We love comments.
For readers interested in more travel tips and travel advice, you might be like these great articles:
- 147 Business Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- 31 Amazing Hotel Hacks Travel Pros Use all the Time
- 53 Amazing Gifts for Business Travelers in the 2019 Gift Guide for Travelers
- 9 Healthy Travel Snacks – eat smarter on the road
- Ultimate Bitcoin Travel Directory: How and where to use crypto for travel
- 11 Best Hotel Beds – Where to Buy that Hotel Mattress You Loved!
- 7 Habits of the Healthy Business Traveler: How to Stay Healthy While Traveling for Business
- 101 Travel Hacks for the Business Traveler – the Best Business Travel Hacks
- 11 Packing Tips for Travel (the best packing tips for air travel)
- 26 Must Have Travel Gadgets & Gear to add to your travel kit
- 9 Travel Safety Tips to help you stay safe on your next trip
- The Best Travel Gifts for Her – A Gift Guide for Women Who Love to Travel
- The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Blogs 2019 Edition
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may also earn commissions from other affiliate programs as applicable.